The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 4G63T 2.0L Fully built

Bonezilla

BLOCK
2.0L 4G63T 6 bolt
.20 over Manley Pistons ceramic and teflon coated
Eagle rods oil resistant coated
FFWDconnection Butcher Crank oil resistant coated
Pro-gram billet main caps
Race bearings all oil resistant coated
Brand new OEM front case, oil pump, timing components...
Balance shaft elimination kit
Oil Squirters blocked off
SCE Titan copper headgasket with built in o-rings
ARP L19 head studs
Fluidamper crank pulley
Ebay oil pan...tried to save money, will never do that again. A lot of modifying for proper fitment, but it worked
Welded -16 AN fittings on water pump and T-stat housing
Every single bolt is brand new from Mitsu

HEAD
One-off AMS CNC ported head
BC valvetrain: springs and retainers, oversized valves, bronze valve guides, low-boy valve seals ect.....
HKS cam gears and Timing belt
BC Cams 288/288
All assembly done by AMS Performance

LONG BLOCK $4000

Thank you for the space.

Last edited:

5OF2k

Daaaayyyuummm!! That is one hell of a build. What's the static compression ratio? GLWS, sir. What's the reason for the part out, if you dont mind my asking?

Bonezilla

Quoting 5OF2k:
Daaaayyyuummm!! That is one hell of a build. What's the static compression ratio? GLWS, sir. What's the reason for the part out, if you dont mind my asking?

Thanks. Compression ratio is 9:1. I have about 12-14K into this thing already and its about half way done. I estimated another 15K to finish it they way I would want it and I just can't see myself dumping that kind of money into this beast. I guess you can say I lost interest. I also just bought property and building a home so I rather see the money go towards that instead. And, of course, I cant stay away from Mitsubishi's, so there will be an Evo in the garage as well. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the oil pan, I believe it is an OBX eBay special. Only thing I cheaped out on and kick myself in the ass for doing so. I modified it to make it fit right, removed the spring loaded baffle plates that were inside. Imagine that coming apart and going through your $7000 motor...not cool. And welded some AN fittings on for the oil return. Should have went stock pan, but I was ok with the outcome after modifications so I used it.

ronnycordova

Pretty similar to what I have sitting in my kitchen getting built. We differed a bit on the valve train though. I have to ask, where did you get that front timing cover from? The OEM one I ordered is grey or did you just paint that one?

Bonezilla

No its not painted. If I remember correctly, you have to order a GVR4 specific cover. I believe the eclipse/talon/laser ones are grey. But don't quote me on that, its been awhile so I don't know if that is correct. Someone else can chime in if they know.

Bonezilla

Bump. EMX5636-I see you are into the quad scene. I have a modified 400ex and always willing to hit the tracks. Another buddy of mine has an Ltr450 and we venture to breezewood and some other local tracks. If you ever want to ride, hit me up, always down to ride. 484.239.5325

Bonezilla

BUMP for surviving the Apocalypse. Xmas special! $4200 until the new year. Need this gone.

2000GTX

Oh how I wish it were about 3 years from now. I would be all over this thing.

Good luck until then, pal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts