The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: PTT twin, Tilton twin, ACT clutch, Fluidampr, ksports, and more!

Street Surgeon

Long story short, at one point I was in the process of building three DSM's, I sold one, totaled my baby, and still have the GVR4. That being said, I still have parts for all three of these cars laying around so it's time to sell some stuff off! I'll update this list as I go through my stash but here are some of the items off the top of my head. I'll get pics of everything later on this evening but EVERYTHING will be exactly as described.

1. PTT twin disc ceremetallic clutch w/isuzu slave cylinder and flywheel - $700.00
The clutch is used, has 763 miles on it as I used this when breaking in my Talon, the car was wrecked so I won't be needing this anymore. No launches, hell it never even spun over 5500rpm. 763 gently driven miles, it's in perfect shape.
pttclutch1.jpg

pttclutch2.jpg

2. *FEELER* I have a tilton carbon/carbon twin disc w/hydraulic throwout bearing and flywheel, used but in perfect shape - $2500.00 (you should price one of these out new!) I don't really want to get rid of it but as of now I don't have a use for it. If interested let me know, this IS the end all-be all for DSM clutches period.

3. 1G KSport "Kontrol Pro" coilovers (w/camber plates etc), 763 miles, perfect shape, and I'd take 650 bucks for em. They're boxed up and ready to ship!

4. New ACT 2100 pressure plate, new ACT 6-puck sprung disc, new ACT streetlight flywheel. (good pedal feel, and holds 406 ft/lb tq) The pp and disc combo go for 375 plus shipping, I'll take 320. The streetlight flywheel goes for 216ish plus shipping, I'll take 180. the pp, and flywheel were both taken to the machine shop and zero balanced, they have absolutely NO use on them and have been waiting to be installed on a car.

5. Synapse bov w/anti-stall kit, flanged for a tial flange - New they go for ~ 190ish without the anti-stall, I'd take 150.00 for it shipped and you get the bov, w/anti-stall kit.

Last edited:

5OF2k

interested in the ksports, price shipped to Colorado Springs? Or are you willing to do a little driving and meet me halfway mayhaps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Street Surgeon

JMFab intake manifold sold
Cam gears sold

Pics WILL be up of some of the items tomorrow (Friday)

Last edited:

5OF2k

Bump for pics. Let me know about the shipping on the Ksplrts guy. Thanks!

cheekychimp

How does the Tilton engage? I have an RPS carbon/carbon clutch on the project car and whilst it is still very heavy I was amazed at how well it engaged after driving an Exedy twin-plate clutch which actually made me afraid of stop 'n' go traffic and any sort of slow speed incline.

That's a lot of money but still worthy of consideration if it works as well or better than the RPS. The RPS carbon/carbon is now discontinued for the DSM. I called them out on that given that it had a limited lifetime warranty and they said when the time came I could send it in and they would rebuild it, but given it was the most expensive part on the car and cost me more than the whole f***ing car did when I bought it, it is still somewhat worrying!

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Cheeky,

I purchased the Tilton from a fella named Ben on NABR, he got it from Curt Brown. I personally have never installed/driven the car with the clutch in but this is what he said about it.

Quote:
I am going to start parting my car out and wanted to post this first. I bought this from Curt last year right before the shootout. The clutch is still on the first set of hubs but will probably need to go to the next set soon which are included. I got a new flywheel for the clutch before I installed it.

The clutch is amazing to drive, can slip it all day long and shifts like butter. This clutch is what finally got me into the 9s Comes with the hydraulic TOB, clutch line everything needed to install it.

Everything in the above post is still true, comes with the hydraulic tob, the extra set of hubs etc.

Street Surgeon

Cam gears shipped.

KSports... Eh, I don't have the box and shipping is probably going to be a million dollars soooooooo it's probably going to have to be local pick up only for those. If I find a huge box I can see how much it'd be but I'm sure it'll cost a prett penny.

If you find a box I can issue a call tag for them, do you have a UPS store near you?
I can take care of the shipping if you find a box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Street Surgeon

UPDATE on the KSports! I fear they are probably for a FWD DSM. I used them on my AWD but my friend says they look like the FWD model (the rear struts don't have the tapered seat in the bushing at the bottom) so just a heads up. Again, I used them and they worked fine for me but they're still up for grabs. If anyone is still interested in them let me know as I found a suitable box, if not no worries! I called KSPORT's USA distributor and they told me the only difference is the bushing at the bottom of the strut housing just for a heads up.

5OF2k

Im still interested man, of course. Just let me know the damage $$ wise to get them shipped to me and I'll cash you out!

-Jake

Street Surgeon

Alright, you did have first dibs so I'll check out the shipping tonight.

5OF2k

Excellent, appreciate it sir!

-Jake

Street Surgeon

Update: Some new pics posted and the following items have been sold.

JMFab sold and will be shipped this weekend
Cam gears sold and shipped

I still have the ksports, damper, clutches, pressure plate, and bov and am ready to sell them off!

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Sure do!

Street Surgeon

High torque.

Street Surgeon

Damper sold, stuff is movin' pretty quickly actually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts