The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: soldv two 15x7 Rota slipstream wheels sold

stealthtt24

paypal is [email protected]
Two rota slipstreams, black 15x7 with 4x114.3 lug pattern. $90 each or $170 for both picked up. Sold sold

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

Last edited:

JNR

My radiator's been out of the car for awhile, but are those inlet/outlet nipples designed to accept factory hose locations/sizes, etc.? I notice that one sits on the inside of the shroud...can it be installed in the oem location (I have A/C and don't plan on taking it out)? Imagine it doesn't have the nipples on the top for the oem mounts, but suppose that can worked around. Curious about the thickness too, as far as fitting (my WG is real close for instance to oem)...Is this designed as an improvement over the oem as far as cooling performance, too (alum. is not as efficient as the copper/brass, but if it's a different design/rows, etc.). [EDIT - looking at the pics again, that thing looks pretty thick! Fits well where you have it, but would be concerned putting it in oem location; but can't tell just by the pics]

Sorry so many questions...my oem worked fine but got a pinhole leak, so this is tempting...just not sure how much shipping would be to 90242?

Last edited:

deusamo

I like that FMIC and all the goodies that come with it. If it's still available in a week or so, I'll be all over it.

5OF2k

Interested in the trans; build specs, spline count, etc. thanks in advance!

stealthtt24

I'll get back to you on the radiator. Sounds good on the fmic. I'm waiting on the specs in the trans.

talontyme

Trade 3" o2 housing for 2.5"+some cash?

stealthtt24

As of now I have no plans to break up the turbo setup. Just the manifold, ill let you know if that changes.

GSX_TC

Does that setup not allow you to keep the alternator in the stock location?

stealthtt24

If you are referring to the turbo setup, it does I just moved it back for more space when the motor was in a different car.

GSX_TC

Ok and how about the compressor housing of that 3065, does it clear a stock gvr4 radiator with fan? Or do u have to use that smaller one you have?

stealthtt24

I'll have to do some searching on the board. I imagine it depends on what way you clock the housing. Let me search the boards.

GSX_TC

Alrighty, Preciate it.

stealthtt24

Seems to be that if you have a/c it will be close or no. If no a/c fan you should be OK. Can I get a picture of your setup?

JNR

Sure, I can get you a pic or two...however, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow after work though, as I'd have to put in a couple pieces. Thanks.

[edit - actually, would it be possible to just get some dimensions? Mainly in regard to thickness, as my radiator barely clears as it is, so if it's a lot deeper, I have a feeling it will not work with A/C...I have a pusher fan on the front for the A/C fan, fwiw, so that space is open...Still, I'll see if I can see how close I am with what I have vs. yours and deduct accordingly.

Last edited:

JNR

I tried getting pics today, but misplaced my hardware for the O2 to turbo, so no can do unfortunately...If you can give me a depth of the radiator, I can determine if it'll work or not. I'd also like to see how it mounts...is this in the car, or can you take some more pics of the actual unit itself?

stealthtt24

I can get you some measurements today jnr. I'll take pics of it off the car as well. Gsxtc, if you have questions on this turbo, pm me.

stealthtt24

Jnr, if you search this radiator on here I'm almost positive you will find that it won't work with ac. Also they have replacement hose part numbers that bolt up but I am unsure of them. Any other questions just ask.

JNR

Thanks and yeah I am thinking it would not work with AC judging by how thick it looks (need to dig out my oem, but IIRC it's relatively thin and my WG was already sort of close)...That's too bad, as it's a nice looking unit and bet it works well (being more surface area of cooling I bet), even though I don't have "cooling issues", figured maybe it was an option rather than getting mine fixed...It's only a small pinhole on the top (where the fan mount is), so bet I could just braze it myself with the propane torch and probably what I'll end up doing. Appreciate you looking into it though and good luck with it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts