The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: ground control coilover

mountaineerjeff

this is the number one modification that I have ever done to any car. if you are used to driving average, or even questionably legal cars, this is a smack in the face. I had absolutely no idea what I was missing. if you think your stock/worn suspension is great cause you are either used to it, or only had crap before then you will think this is like your car is on rails.

I liked them so much that I refused to part with them even though the car has been parked. well now I am forced to clean up. they were put on the car not very long before it was put out of commission. and then they were put in climate control storage.

these have KYB AGX struts that are adjustable. they have the much more rare galant specific GC coilovers. The upper mounts are also included. I also have lower camber bolts that will be included "IF" i can find them. they are ready to bolt right in, and have extremely low miles. (less than one oil change).

this kit is no longer listed and and I just priced the parts through G.C.+M.A.P. and came up with a total of $980+camber bolts, bumpstops, hardware + shipping+tax. which is like $1100-$1200 to your door.

Im gonna put these at $775 shipped CONUS which is by definition OBO. I only sell things when I need money, so the best offer gets em (no reserve, lol), so dont be afraid to throw me a number. If I come up with the money some other way, then I will probably try and keep these. ( I really like them that much)

here they are exactly how I pulled them, they can still be cleaned and primped. I have all 4. will get more pics, and pics of rears when I can.

mountaineerjeff

I have had interest in the springs alone, and would be willing to separate if I get everything sold. I am 99% sure I still have a set of good factory springs that would just give you the adjustable struts and new mounts. If I dont have the springs I know someone on here does...Most likely the guy wanting just the coils.

I will also entertain trades... Im thinking a partial trade on a set of 5 lug wheels.
17s-18s I prefer 17s, but if you have a sweet deal on 18s Ill take a gander. send me some offers guys...we dont need to do the perpetual cycle of me dropping the price $25 every so often.

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

I dont know but they should still have the GC label on them. all I know is that they were vr4 specific, and better suited than the 1g counter parts.

joec

I'm pretty sure this is a pic of the springs:

Looks like
Eibach 214498
GC 180.64.61

Eibach 175911
GC 230.64.49

For the GC number I believe the first number is length in mm, second is width/diameter in mm, and third is spring rate in N/mm
If my calcs are correct:

7 inch/2.5 inch/ 350 lb/in
9 inch/2.5 inch/ 275 lb/in

mountaineerjeff

man you are on the ball...I have been pretty busy with school,leftover hurricane rain, and my jeep project.

but there ya go.

KiNgMaRtY

Interested in just the GC kit.

To trade I can offer Whiteline Rear Camber bushings, Apex SAFC 1, or an HKS EVC 4 boost controller.

mountaineerjeff

car is being parted^

really dont want to part, and I have had a few PMs about just the springs...IF i sell the shocks then I would be willing to part them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned