The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: ETS core

4thStroke

I have a perfectly good ETS core on my car that I'd like to sell. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The only reason I'm looking to sell it is to experiment with another core. I can pull the bumper cover and take pictures if you are seriously interested. I had to bend one mounting tab a small amount to get it to bolt up, but otherwise the core itself has not been modified or even really touched since the core was installed

I have an ECMLink log of a 2nd and 3rd gear pull with IATs starting at 73*, by the end of 3rd gear, the IAT was reading 86*. This was with boost peaking at 33psi through my HTA 3076R. This specific ETS core is rated for 600hp.

I'd like to get $350 plus shipping for the core.

I am not in a hurry to sell. The core will be removed once I receive payment. Low ball offers will be ignored.

Last edited:

Nartanian

So if I understand this correctly, you are keeping the end tanks? Or do you mean you are selling the ETS front mount without pipping?

CutlassJim

%99 that is with endtanks. He's just keepig the piping.

4thStroke

Oops, it will be the intercooler, core and end tanks.

It was a good thing I pulled the bumper today. There is in fact a dent on the lower passenger side of the intercooler. I had no idea it was even there. The car doesn't exhibit any signs of a leak and the welds aren't cracked.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

can u post a picture of how it looked from the front with the bumper on it, Also does this kit allow you to retain foglights?

Last edited:

4thStroke

Yes, it does allow you to keep the fog lights.

The bottom few rows are covered by the USDM bumper, you can't see the dent with the bumper cover installed. I don't have a photo handy, though.

GSX_TC

so you never took a pic of the front of it the whole time you had it on the car? i just wanna see how this looks behind the USDM bumper. supposed to be really good fitment and look

4thStroke

One of the photos isn't showing up in my build thread, not sure why. There is another shot, but it's at a bad angle.

There are many pictures posted of this setup on the VR4, you may have to search around a bit, but they are out there. If you are interested in my intercooler, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Ok thanks man

4thStroke

Let's bump this up.

I've received a few PMs, but nothing has gone through. Make an offer. Feel free to call or text me.

threesixzero6zero11sixsix4

Spencer

thedsmguy

So, I told Spencer I would buy this, I've decided to go with my punishment setup and civic radiator combo. So, when he gets his new core built I'll own this gvr4 ets core. Please PM me or him if your interested. I do not have a up to date timeline of when it is available, I know its kinda a weird scenario but I wanted to let the community know its still available (sorta).

4thStroke

I talked with ETS again today. My core is one state away, they said I'm looking at another week to have it fabbed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

But yeah, if anyone is interested, let one of us know.

Bump for a core that supports 600hp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

4thStroke

I boost leak checked the intercooler yesterday up to 40psi, no leaks.

The intercooler was pulled off today and is now in Paul's hands.

Last edited:

4thStroke

Yes, that would have been me. I pulled it to take pictures and didn't feel like putting it back on before I made the switch.

Someone told me my car looks better without the bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

curtis

You can take a block of wood and lay on the bent bottom and against the core and lightly slowly hammer down and 95% of the damage will disappear. If the damage has pushed it to where the wood want catch take a drill drill a small hole just in the base plate and install a larger self tapping screw a few turns then lock on to it with a pair of vice grips and hammer on those till it starts to work out till the wood catches. another option if you have a or a buddy with a tig welder is to weld a plate on the bottom then put the plate in a vice and hammer upwards on the tank or bend upward using the vice as a leverage point.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts