ziggydb
(Junior Member)
07/29/10 05:51 PM
Clutch Switch

The plastic/rubber piece on the clutch lever crumbled. If you buy a new switch does it come with that piece? Thank you

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
07/29/10 11:48 PM
Re: Clutch Switch

Are you talking about the piece that pops into the pedal lever? If so go to Napa and look through their body hardware. There is a similar deal that they sell. If they look at you like your stupid tell them it is in the Balkamp line. I don't know for sure that it will work, but its going to be just off if it doesn't.

JackbNimble
(Member +)
07/30/10 01:21 AM

I just stuck a small nut and bolt through there when mine rotted and fell out a few years back. Been fine since.

ziggydb
(Junior Member)
07/30/10 07:05 AM

Yea its the part on the lever. Ill have to just look around at napa or hardware store. Thanks for the good ideas.

belize1334
(well bread and nobly conceived)
07/30/10 02:24 PM

Quoting JackbNimble:

I just stuck a small nut and bolt through there when mine rotted and fell out a few years back. Been fine since.

Same here.

JackbNimble
(Member +)
08/01/10 01:41 AM

It really makes me wonder why they would make that part out of rubber when they know it's gonna dry rot and when it does, it's going to stop the car from being able to turn on. Really pissed me off when it happened, considering I was in a huge line for the new Indiana Jones movie when it happened. The traffic behind me was pissed too haha.

stevep
(Fixes ECUs)
08/01/10 02:23 PM

Quoting ziggydb:

The plastic/rubber piece on the clutch lever crumbled. If you buy a new switch does it come with that piece? Thank you

As far as I can tell you have to order it by itself, it not part of the switch part number.

In typical Mitsubishi style there are two rubber stoppers on the clutch pedal, one for the CSS and one for the cruise switch. They have the same reference number in CAPS but different part numbers depending on the use.

One is MB004185 and is called the clutch pedal stopper and the other is also used on the brake pedal and is MD151298 brake pedal stopper. I think I just ordered a couple of each so I'd have the right ones and a few spares since before they crumble they usually get a hole worn in them causing the switch to stop working.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page