yubh8tn
(Junior Member)
09/13/20 01:48 AM
shop said i didnt need align hone??

Hey guys, so when I took my block + girdle + arp studs to the machine shop, not only did they question my girdle, they said that I probably wouldn't need an align hone. ARP and Kiggly both say an align hone is required for either of their products. Shop said they used a dialbore gauge after installation and told me everything "checked out". Did I screw up by letting them not do the align hone?

yubh8tn
(Junior Member)
09/14/20 03:12 PM
Re: shop said i didnt need align hone??

bump

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
09/14/20 03:45 PM

Two thoughts:

ARP and Kiggly probably both say that as a liability disclaimer. Not saying it is never really needed, but it may not always. I don't think I needed one for the ARP studs when I did my Datsun, but that could be different. The thinking is the different fasteners and/or girdle installation change the torque situation, therefore good to check.

Did the shop know how to check and do they have data they will share? Record anything at all or just a verbal "it was ok"?

yubh8tn
(Junior Member)
09/14/20 04:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if they recorded anything, I can give them a call but I doubt it. All they really said was that I didn't need one and that it was ok. Lol

Their other work (hone, deck, head, etc) looks pretty good though so maybe I should trust them

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page