turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
02/19/13 12:43 PM
email notifications for PM's

This stopped working for me out of the blue sometime last week. I still have it checked in my preferences, but I'm not receiving emails anymore. Any idea as to what's up?

HertzGalant VR4.org Administrator
(OneTitle to rule them all.)
02/19/13 10:28 PM
Re: email notifications for PM's

Confirmed. This happens every so often and seems to be an outside force. (As many of you know I do very little to change anything with the functions of the site). It typically starts working after a short time and you'll get a couple all at once. Someone not smart enough to unsubscribe or change preferences probably cried spam and we're blacklisted for a bit. I'll check it out this week.

02/20/13 12:00 AM

I just got one from a PM hours ago.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
02/20/13 12:35 AM

Thx, Hertzy.

DR1665
(Kill him in the face with Wilson Phillips)
04/19/13 12:01 PM

Been noticing this issue recently. Received multiple PMs this week, but never got any emails. Updated my account details, checked spam, no dice.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
04/19/13 02:45 PM

It hasn't worked for me since I first created this thread.

4orced4door
(Out Standing)
04/25/13 11:16 AM

I haven't been getting them for the last couple weeks either.

5OF2k
(Member ++)
04/25/13 02:28 PM

Been working for me, allthough it automatically filters them to the trash/spam file....?

Then again, I have it setup to use my work email, and the security stuff is pretty strict, but yea. Im still getting them....?

-Jake

4orced4door
(Out Standing)
04/26/13 10:04 AM

I'm getting them again now, and they are a different style than they used to be. I guess that means Hertz fixed something.

04/27/13 11:28 AM

Yeah, I created an SPF record for the site, it never got updated since the last move. Also fixed the headers, had duplicate From entries, and put in unsubscribe info. Still more to do, last one I got looks like I had the body in there twice.

One thing that I've read which might help is for everyone to make sure the site email is added to your whitelist if possible. This will help teach filters that we are not spam. And those who are marking it spam because you're too dumb to remove the subscription -- you suck.

faqinshiet
(Member +)
09/17/13 05:07 PM

Anyone else not receiving email notifications for PMs currently? I check my spam box and nothing there. Haven't changed my settings either.

transparentdsm
(I have to say something dumb Member)
09/19/13 06:16 AM

I dont

holeshotmoe
(subclass marmoreus)
09/22/13 10:04 AM

I was receiving them, though delayed. But in the last few days I received four PMs and I've not received any email notifications for them.

Steve885
(Member)
10/03/13 01:41 AM

I'm getting emails that I have a message but nothing's there

faqinshiet
(Member +)
10/03/13 05:08 PM

Yeah I got a couple that were days late. Now appears to be working cause I received a couple

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page