dmj
(Rod Stewart)
02/16/11 09:56 AM
BC Coilovers

I purchased a set from Garfield and I am very pleased at the quality of construction. All bolts /studs and brackets for both the brake and abs lines are in the right locations to make these an easy bolt on affair. Also comes with dust boots to protect the shock shaft. Here are some pics.

blacksheep
(Baraqsheep)
02/16/11 10:18 AM
Re: BC Coilovers

Are there markings on the camber plates up front? Hard to tell from the pic?

Are these re-buildable? If, so is it in the USA?

Are spring rates upgradable? What is the warranty for upgrading springs. Megan allows to upgrade upto + 2K in front and rear and warranty remains.

Any shock dyno information provided with coilovers? Fortune-Auto makes coilovers and they provide shock dyno figures...

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
02/16/11 10:44 AM

Yes there are markings engraved , lighting was way to bright for pics. . BC USA is located right in the Orlando area about 20 mins from my house Replacement inserts from what I understand run $95 to 125 and yes springs rates are upgradable. You would probably need to contact BC USA for specific shock dyno figures.

KiNgMaRtY
(Member +++)
02/16/11 10:48 AM

What's your review on them? Do they feel like they rebound well. Good control over the spring? How do you like them overall?

I would think they are better than the Megan/K-Sports

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
02/16/11 10:55 AM

I haven't installed them yet. If I get some time it may be later today.

KiNgMaRtY
(Member +++)
02/16/11 11:12 AM

Oh, be sure to let us know

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
02/16/11 11:32 AM

BC is a better quality product over Megan & KSport. As a result the price is a little higher. The nice thing is that all the mounting points are there for the brake lines & ABS (for those that still have it) so that's a big plus. I don't think KSport comes with the mounting points & I'm not sure about Megan's. You can order custom spring rates but I'm not sure how that affects the warranty, I'll have to double check.

blacksheep
(Baraqsheep)
02/16/11 12:48 PM

^^^ Megan had it for the Evo set. Dunno about gvr4

Brianawd
(Higher Launch RPM)
02/17/11 11:03 AM

What are the spring rates? and can you get shock dyno #

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
02/17/11 04:23 PM

Installed coilovers and new wheels and tires today car now rides firm, not harsh at all . I will beat on it tomorrow and see how it performs

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
02/17/11 04:37 PM

Spring rates KG/mm 180 front 220 rear. based on manufacturer claims.

stealthtt24
(Holy deer monkey donkey balls looking for a pole)
02/17/11 05:43 PM

Those look beautiful. I wish I could afford some

acidrumz
(Member)
02/17/11 11:11 PM

Nice!! I like like.

KiNgMaRtY
(Member +++)
02/18/11 11:35 AM

Very nice! We await your review

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
02/18/11 03:11 PM

kickin myself self for not going the extra mile to get these. went with kyb gr2's and custom made springs, hope my car sits that pretty. of course the ride is what counts.

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
02/18/11 05:38 PM

Ok here is the full review as for now .As for installation On the rears I had to flip the brake line brackets and run the brake lines behind the coilover due to it being wider in diameter. The Fronts were an easy bolt on with brake lines in stock location but the bolt for the abs line on one side was a tad to low about 2mm no problem just enlarge the hole in the bracket The other side bolted on no problem. Now the fun part I drove about 15 miles and I am honestly impressed no floating or bouncing, car does not nose dive during hard braking, really stable in corners and very little leaning in extremely tight turns ,firm and composed on rough broken pavement. The car feels like a modern sports car, very tight. This review is subjective as I have not tried other coilovers some may like them some may not but I am extremely pleased ,I think I shall go for another drive, I need to test them on some brick streets. Only time will tell how they hold up as the miles rack up . I will post pics on install over the weekend.

Luke
(Senior Member)
02/21/11 12:47 AM

Quoting dmj:

Those numbers are the spring length, not the spring rate...
The spring rates are 10kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear.

Here's the info I got from google about this coilover:
•Spring Rates Front - 180L-10K
•Spring Rates Rear - 220L-8K

trexn8
(Trifecta of Fail)
02/22/11 02:10 AM

Are these still available new?

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
02/22/11 10:57 AM

you can order them through Garfield.

trexn8
(Trifecta of Fail)
03/05/11 11:48 PM

Any updates? I am so ready to buy some suspension

PreskitVR4
(Member +)
03/06/11 12:16 AM

BC's the way to go. talk to Garfield.

15psi88
(Member)
03/07/11 11:05 PM

Just a heads up I ordered a set two weeks ago. They are still 2-3 weeks out.

trexn8
(Trifecta of Fail)
03/14/11 01:10 AM

^bummer

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/14/11 06:44 PM

FYI:
These are no longer stocked & now have a permanent 2-3 weeks leadtime according to BC Racing. If volume picks up then this will change.

1qkfwd
(Member)
03/14/11 07:16 PM

Lame, so basicaly it's build to order.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/14/11 07:26 PM

Not lame, look at it from a business standpoint. Stock something that sells once every quater or stock something that sells once every week? The gvr4 is a dying breed & we must appreciate the fact that BC Racing is the only one in that price point that still make a system 'specific' to the gvr4.

fastfalcon94
(Junior Member)
03/14/11 08:37 PM

The drop looks really nice. I was debating between BC and ISC between my swapped suby. I went with ISC because they were made and repaired right in Mass. I got them from AJW performance. I heard BC coilovers can take upwards of 3-4 weeks to get a replacement and they sell out. Aside from that, I've heard nothing but good things with BC, it's a quality product. I don't think ISC makes coilovers for the galant yet, but AJ has posted on some of the Suby forums that they are open to new opportunities.

1qkfwd
(Member)
03/15/11 01:08 AM

I totally understand the business stand point. I don't like waiting for any of my parts. That's what's lame. I'll acually be ordering a set from you sometime this week.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/15/11 10:48 AM

I've requested the shock dyno info which I should have before the end of this week. Warranty is good for one year from the initial purchase regardless of spring rate.

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
03/30/11 09:29 AM

These coilovers continues to impress me . There is heavy road construction due to road widening in my town and the BC's handle the rough roads with composure I can honestly say the ride is a little softer than driving an EVO 8/9 Thanks again to Garfield for recommending the BC's. No regrets here.

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
05/08/11 12:57 AM

Anymore updates. I'm really considering these in the future.

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
05/08/11 08:11 AM

The ride has gotten a little softer with use. These coilovers seem more suited for street use than most.they are not harsh riding at all.

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
05/08/11 09:43 AM

Would you feel comfortable taking them on a track. The only reason I ask is that I do autox and I want to take my car to a road course.

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
05/08/11 09:07 PM

I would have no problem taking them on the track. I would adjust the settings on the firmer side though.That said If I intended track duty I would have probably purchased a higher end coilover. eg Hotbits or DMS.

belize1334
(well bread and nobly conceived)
05/09/11 02:13 PM

Quoting Luke:

Quoting dmj:

default for E39A chassis is 8kg, 6kg. That works out to just about 440lb/in and 330lb/in which is comparable to what Tein sold for our car when they had the HA coilover.

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
05/09/11 02:34 PM

Quoting dmj:

I would have no problem taking them on the track. I would adjust the settings on the firmer side though.That said If I intended track duty I would have probably purchased a higher end coilover. eg Hotbits or DMS.

This car will be street 95% of the time. If I were to track more than that I'd definitely consider some hot bits.

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/09/11 06:14 PM

What does the bc stand for? I'm really liking these, might get me a set sooner than later.

belize1334
05/16/11 02:32 PM

I just installed my BC coilovers this weekend. Here are my impressions from the installation, as quoted from an email I sent to the distributor...
Quote:

I think it's worth noting that there is a subtlety to the rear
shocks which is not covered in the brief user manual.

The rear attachment on the E39A chassis is tapered near the base and
thus demands a tapered metal bushing for a proper fit. BC instead
supplies a slightly shorter non-tapered bushing and a spacing ring. The
spacing ring goes on first and fits over the larger tapered base of the
attachement. Then the non-tapered lower mount goes on next. The spacer
ring ensures that the non-tapered bushing is not forced onto the larger
diameter tapered base. Without it one could potentially force the
bushing too far onto the mount which would make it hard to remove at a
later time and could potentially damage one piece or the other.

It is also worth noting that the rear brake-line bracket is too narrow
to fit around the much-thicker-than-stock rear shock. In order to make
it work with the included mounting tab the bracket must be bent a bit.
This could be avoided by redesigning the mounting tab...

Otherwise installation went smoothly and I am so far impressed with the
quality of the kit...

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/16/11 07:46 PM

Does it ride smooth or is it kinda bouncy? And how many inches can u lower it with those?

belize1334
05/16/11 08:02 PM

Out of the box it's a 2" drop. You could probably go as low as 3" but that's really not what this package is for. It's meant to make the car handle well... not sit hella-flush. It's not bouncy considering what it is but don't be fooled... it's a firm ride.

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/16/11 08:12 PM

Which ones did u get again, because I see that there's two you can get for vr4's

belize1334
05/16/11 08:25 PM

This is the basic kit... BR I think.

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/16/11 11:02 PM

Ok, how much did they cost you

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
05/16/11 11:53 PM

Quoting GSX_TC:

What does the bc stand for? I'm really liking these, might get me a set sooner than later.

Bor-Chuann

belize1334
05/17/11 12:45 AM

They're about $1,000 but you'll have to seek a vendor to get a more accurate quote.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
05/18/11 05:20 AM

Just talk to Garfield Wright on here he can get them...

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/18/11 05:47 AM

Garfield is good people, just spoke to him yesterday

Brianawd
(Higher Launch RPM)
05/18/11 07:56 AM

any word on Shock dyno's and revalving if needed?

belize1334
05/18/11 02:35 PM

At this point instead of revalving they're just offering replacement shocks for like $75 or something. I tracked down a shock dyno of the more expensive ER series ( click ) and it was pretty impressive. That doesn't tell us about the BR but it does imply that the company at least knows how to make a good product.

After driving around on these for a few days I can at least conclude that the shock adjustment works quite well. On harsh bozeman roads 15 was too stiff. I dialed it down to 5 and it made a HUGE difference on all four corners. At a minimum this is an enormous improvement over something like KYB AGX where the dials have little to no correspondence to the actual stiffness of the shock.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
05/18/11 04:21 PM

Sorry guys, I've had the dyno charts for the front & rear for sometime now. I didn't recall until I clicked this thread just now. I don't have Acrobat on this laptop but maybe I can email the pdf files to someone who can convert them jpg & load them for reference.

onesickcrx
(Brother of the Year)
05/18/11 07:03 PM

interested in this.....

Scientist
(Secretary of the Interior)
05/18/11 09:19 PM

send it to me i'll edit and upload

Scientist
(Secretary of the Interior)
05/19/11 05:41 PM

Front

Rear Strut

belize1334
05/19/11 06:52 PM

Hm... am I seeing this correctly that these are only rebound adjustable? BC says on their website that it's rebound and damping together...

click

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/19/11 08:22 PM

Omg I want those!!

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
05/20/11 11:20 AM

Alright, so... These look like crap to me. Though it's a bit hard to tell since half of a PVP plot isn't really telling me much. I'm no shock expert, far from it, but even I can see these are pretty cheap in the valving.

The adjustability is only in the positive range? So its only compression adjustable with a bit of cross talk in the rebound. Either the chart is wrong or that alone makes this thing worthless. Next, its almost purely a linear shock. That will lead to rough rides and is similar to almost everything else coming out of Japan. So either its going to be under damped at low speed or kidney jarring at high speed (were talking jounce here, not vehicle speed ). Anyone else ridden on K-sports then jumped into an evo on Ohlins or similar with same wheel rates. The evo feels like a caddy in comparison. The "knee" on this is far to low and according to this graph only shows up at the end of the compression adjustment range.

Total rebound force is looking pretty soft, yet the max compression is huge. It's quite un-balanced IMO. I would want about double the rebound and half the compression (or just leave it on the low setting).

Not to be completely negative but I really cant see anything "quality" in those plots.

Brianawd
(Higher Launch RPM)
05/20/11 11:24 AM

Quote:

Alright, so... These look like crap to me. Though it's a bit hard to tell since half of a PVP plot isn't really telling me much. I'm no shock expert, far from it, but even I can see these are pretty cheap in the valving.

The adjustability is only in the positive range? So its only compression adjustable with a bit of cross talk in the rebound. Either the chart is wrong or that alone makes this thing worthless. Next, its almost purely a linear shock. That will lead to rough rides and is similar to almost everything else coming out of Japan. So either its going to be under damped at low speed or kidney jarring at high speed (were talking jounce here, not vehicle speed ). Anyone else ridden on K-sports then jumped into an evo on Ohlins or similar with same wheel rates. The evo feels like a caddy in comparison. The "knee" on this is far to low and according to this graph only shows up at the end of the compression adjustment range.

Total rebound force is looking pretty soft, yet the max compression is huge. It's quite un-balanced IMO. I would want about double the rebound and half the compression (or just leave it on the low setting).

Not to be completely negative but I really cant see anything "quality" in those plots.

Thank you Dallas . Looks like its back to the AMR coilovers

onesickcrx
(Brother of the Year)
05/20/11 11:28 AM

amr?

onesickcrx
(Brother of the Year)
05/20/11 11:46 AM

Just called Ohlins just to get a price on a set of Evo 9 coilovers they retail for $3200....

4Grim
(I deliver.)
05/26/11 11:06 PM

Here are some links on some decent reviews on BC as a company and the coilovers. Learned that yes they are made in Taiwan..but actually have no affiliation with D2sport, Megan, Ksports....and actually have more connection with the BIG name JDM companies like Greddy/Trust, etc. They have been making coilovers for 13 years now.

Hope this helps for those on the fence on these coilovers. I know of 2 people that use BC suspension on their cars HARDCORE, Road course and Drifting and have no issues with BC coilovers at all.

Lotus Elise Review

Bimmer forum

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/26/11 11:21 PM

I'm confused I thought all the guys getting these said they were very happy with them?

belize1334
05/27/11 02:30 AM

I'm very happy with mine so far. I don't know enough about shock dynos to refute the above statements. Unfortunately, the graph shows design characteristics but not quality markers (such as repeatability and hysteresis). My experience has been that on full soft they're VERY tolerant of rough roads. And believe me when I say rough... we see sub 20* temps 8 months out of the year here so our roads are AWFUL. With the shock settings turned up a bit it becomes a whole new beast... very aggressive.

So far the only issue I've had is that the back springs tend to make a "boing" sound going over big bumps some times. I suspect that his is some combination of insufficient preload and the lack of a thrust bearing in back so that as the spring compresses and twists it has a tendancy to catch and then release and resonate with that sound. I'm going to corner weight the car soon and I'll double check the preload at that point. If the issue persists I'll throw a couple of torrington thrust bearings on the back springs and see if that fixes the problem. And when I say problem I mean "very minor annoyance".

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
05/27/11 03:14 PM

The thing with suspension is it's all subjective to each individual's preference. There are so many different setups out there to choose from & obviously as you go higher up in price the quality gets better. You can't expect to compare these to Ohlins & call it a fair comparison. Compare it to others within the similar price point & ask yourself, self why do I need coil overs? Is it for looks, is it for street, is it for strip, is it for both street & strip, is it for the best setup available or is it to give me a little of everything in a package I can afford?

To be realistic, these will satisfy the needs of 95% of us. The next 5% will opt for Hotbits/Tein/Ohlins...... Decide what you want to do with the car, then pick a setup that will be geared towards that goal. Also these are the base setup from BC & they only offer one more stage up from here for us. The top of the line ER series which is what's on the winning One Lap of America Evo X piloted by Chris Wirth & Sean Caron has performed flawlessly for the past 2 years of absolute track abuse combined with daily duties & thousands of miles. Unfortunately these are not available for us & if they were they would retail for over $2k.

There's always going to be a better setup, question is, do you need it?

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/28/11 03:53 AM

Well said Garfield

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
05/28/11 07:09 AM

I have had BC's on the galant for several months now and I am happy with them. The ride is firm but not harsh, it handles brick streets and rough roads very well. No unusual suspension noises or creaks so far. It may actually be the best mod I did to the car.

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
05/28/11 07:44 AM

I like the sound of that. I can't wait to get mine

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
05/28/11 11:18 PM

Quoting Garfield Wright:

To be realistic, these will satisfy the needs of 95% of us. The next 5% will opt for Hotbits/Tein/Ohlins......

Very true, not everyone is willing to spend the money on high end stuff or custom setups for maximum on track performance especially since very few actually track their GVR-4. If someones happy with their stuff for the street then great! But on track those are definitely not up to the task of being truly competitive.. Then again, $3k is about the entry into higher quality and these are about 1/3rd of that.

birdman24
(Member)
06/05/11 02:36 PM

Quoting dmj:

Installed coilovers and new wheels and tires today car now rides firm, not harsh at all . I will beat on it tomorrow and see how it performs

Hey DMJ, what size are your wheels and is that the 2" inch drop that comes with the coilovers or did you lower it more?
Also, do these come with rear camber plates?

Nartanian
(Wears Turbo Chrysler Emblems with Pride, Watches Soap Operas all day.)
06/07/11 01:30 PM

Seems like from the reviews, BC's are the way to go. I opted for D2's becuase of pricing. They are STIFF. My friends know better than bring lidless drinks or pick their nose in my car while I'm cruising Does anyone with coilovers scrape their undercarage over some uneven roads on highway?

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
06/07/11 01:53 PM

Wheels are 17 x 7.5 35 mm offset. 67.1 centerbore with 235/40/ 17 tires. The drop is the standard with the coilovers except for the right rear which I had to lower about 1/4 in to even out the ride height. No adjustable camber plates for the rears.

SouthCaliVR4
(Gas Analyzer)
06/07/11 02:08 PM

^^There wouldn't be, the rear strut has no bearing on camber aside from ride height.

birdman24
(Member)
06/08/11 05:34 PM

Ok thank you, it looks great btw.

RedTwo
(Rangi Kiwi)
06/09/11 02:35 AM

Quoting Nartanian:

Seems like from the reviews, BC's are the way to go. I opted for D2's becuase of pricing. They are STIFF. My friends know better than bring lidless drinks or pick their nose in my car while I'm cruising Does anyone with coilovers scrape their undercarage over some uneven roads on highway?

Yeah, with the D2's, I've hit the exhaust and the engine sub frame a few times

trexn8
(Trifecta of Fail)
06/11/11 04:48 PM

Anybody else buy these?

Can you report any new findings?

Thanks.

thedsmguy
(Senior Member)
09/01/11 03:46 AM

Bump the old thread. Just curious if there are any updates.

belize1334
09/01/11 05:41 PM

So far I'm please with mine. I do have a few small complaints.

The camber plates are bi-directional. That is, it's the same plate for left and right. In order for this to work the slot allows as much "tipout" as "tipin". The problem is that his leaves a big gap on the outside where debris can be flung up and off the tire. I live on a gravel road so I have to dust off the top of the plates every few days to ensure that grime doesn't work it's way down into the spherical bearing.

Also, I occasionaly get a pretty loud spring "twang" when going over bumps/potholes/etc. I suspect that the preload is insufficient and the springs are unseating. I'll be pulling the suspension out again in the near future and I'll double check the preloads and see if that fixes it.

Lastly, the rear brake line mounting bracket is crap. You have to bend and tweek it to make it work unless you want to run a single line setup and ditch the intermediate hard-line and bracket.

Having said all of that. I'm VERY pleased overall. Set to full soft I get a nice compliant ride even on these EXTREMELY rough Montana roads. Turning it up to ~10 gives great control for slightly uneven tarmac. Anything stiffer than that is for driving on glass unless you order the stiffer springs.

dmj
(Rod Stewart)
09/02/11 09:09 AM

No problems so far on mine and it has taken some serious bumps. the kids don't complain about the ride at all. I can enter tight corners a lot faster so it saves me from down shifting a lot.Excellent value for the money.

trexn8
(Trifecta of Fail)
09/23/11 04:58 PM

So I ordered a set from Garfield at Tuners Nation and he has been great to deal with and I am very satisfied with my coilovers

I do however agree with the op that the rear brake line "mounts" could be better. The way I have mine now they move around a bit and are quite a bit closer to the wheels. I can post a pic soon.

I was wondering if the op could post a pic of how you mounted your rear lines? Thank you.

Nate

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
10/13/11 11:48 PM

i just ordered a set of these and after reading that the rear mounting brackets are crap, it makes me wonder what you guys did to fix the problem. I used to own Evo Suspension and still have the SS Brake lines for that setup with the adjustable mounting tab. Im pretty sure this will be fine for the rear since its adjustable instead of bending the bracket correct?
-Shane

belize1334
10/14/11 04:16 PM

As is I'm just running with a bent bracket which is operational but unsatisfying. I'd be very interested to see if the evo lines offer better compatibility. Swapping out the rear lines would seem to me an acceptably cheap fix.

RedTwo
(Rangi Kiwi)
10/14/11 09:00 PM

I brought some aluminium bolts and nuts. Got an engineer to weld them onto the bottom of the strut mount.

The rears? Well GTO arms have brackets built into them so I don't have that problem

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
10/14/11 09:04 PM

Cant BC fix this bracket problem there selves?

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/02/11 02:23 AM

So for everyone wondering, The Coilovers were really straight forward. it took 2 weeks to get them and it was a bolt on affair. The Only thing I noticed about the rear bracket for the brakelines is that it needed to be flipped towards the back and installing my Evo Suspension SS Lines from Garfield made it easy to route and bolt on. I did have to bend the stock bracket slightly(when i say slightly, it was a very tiny bend on the stock bracket , not the coil).

unfortunately I cant take pics of the car on the ground since I have a Clutch Drag Issue thats keeping me from driving it. The car is still JSB so I have no idea how low it is aha. will report back as soon as it is on the floor.
-Shane

strokin4dr
(fighting them with a large needle)
11/02/11 08:16 AM

My BCs showed up on Monday. Hoping to get a chance to install them by the end of the week. I too will post some pics afterward.

belize1334
11/03/11 02:18 AM

Now I'm confused. How are the Evo SS lines different from 1g/GVR4 lines?

Also, for anyone with a set in hand ready to install, would you please measure the front lower bolt holes? They're slotted to allow extra camber adjustment but it'd be useful to know exactly how wide top and bottom.

OMFGeofffff
(All I want is a dodgy)
11/03/11 02:39 AM

^^^^They are 1 piece. So instead of getting 6-8(i forget) lines you get 4.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/03/11 04:04 AM

Quoting belize1334:

Now I'm confused. How are the Evo SS lines different from 1g/GVR4 lines?

Also, for anyone with a set in hand ready to install, would you please measure the front lower bolt holes? They're slotted to allow extra camber adjustment but it'd be useful to know exactly how wide top and bottom.

They are one piece and fully moveable. once the mounting holes on the brake lines are installed, i can pull the lines to the length i want wherever i need it. Also The fronts come with Camber Plates so no need for camber bolts.
-Shane

belize1334
11/03/11 09:59 PM

I'm aware that they have camber plates. I'm also aware that the holes are ALREADY slotted for additional camber. This is important since the plates only allow about 2* camber which is really not very much for race applications. I just want to know the extent of the slotting. I could take mine off and measure but I thought it would be easier for somebody who hasn't installed them yet.

As for the brake lines, did you need an adapter to make them compatible with the OEM rear caliper.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/03/11 11:17 PM

oh i see what your saying, and nope, It bolts up just like it should.
-Shane

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/10/11 07:39 PM

Well when I got them, I had a two finger gap in the front, and a .5 finger gap in the rear.Seems like a lot of camber in the rear.

omertaitalia
(Member +)
11/10/11 07:56 PM

its hard to see your stance, but it looks good from the front.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/10/11 08:25 PM

thanks, ill get better pics soon, i have that clutch dragging problem so i cant drive it anywhere.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/24/11 02:48 PM

Quoting Luke:

Quoting dmj:

Bump, after looking it over again, the Box they came in and BC themselves put it 8k Front and 6k Rear. You CAN ask for a different setup since it is made to order. I have not put any miles on mine yet since im still fixing the drag problem but I turned mine up to 28 all around and the car is pretty stiff if pushing on it and pushing down on it. But yea, for reference again, 8k/6k is how they come unless asked for another setup.
-Shane

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
11/24/11 03:16 PM

Quoting belize1334:

I'm aware that they have camber plates. I'm also aware that the holes are ALREADY slotted for additional camber. This is important since the plates only allow about 2* camber which is really not very much for race applications. I just want to know the extent of the slotting. I could take mine off and measure but I thought it would be easier for somebody who hasn't installed them yet.

As for the brake lines, did you need an adapter to make them compatible with the OEM rear caliper.

Also to Clarify, the Brake lines are not FOR an Evo, its made for the Vr4/1g that use Evo Suspension.
-Shane

thedsmguy
(Senior Member)
02/13/12 06:45 PM

Any issues with these struts yet?

Tre3zy
(correct me if im rite...Wyldcarz been rolling hard for a long time)
02/14/12 12:02 AM

just got done installing mine yesterday and finish with alignment today... here is how she sits... had to mildly roll the front fenders... but im pretty happy with them... just gotta play with the stiffness now to my liking for daily use... btw dont mind the quarter panel it will be fixed soon...

thedsmguy
(Senior Member)
02/14/12 02:21 AM

Holy crap you car looks a lot like mine. (with a little more damage)

I have those turn signals and very dumped. I'm so jealous of your coilovers!

Nice ride!

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
02/14/12 02:27 AM

Quoting Tre3zy:

just got done installing mine yesterday and finish with alignment today... here is how she sits... had to mildly roll the front fenders... but im pretty happy with them... just gotta play with the stiffness now to my liking for daily use... btw dont mind the quarter panel it will be fixed soon...

Looks good , your welcome for helping with install.aha

Tre3zy
02/14/12 11:08 PM

Quoting thedsmguy:

Holy crap you car looks a lot like mine. (with a little more damage)

I have those turn signals and very dumped. I'm so jealous of your coilovers!

Nice ride!

thank you

Tre3zy
02/22/12 11:05 PM

update guys... did my first auto-x event with the coilovers... handled very well i am very happy oh how the coilovers performed along with my 26mm rear sway bar...

turbofonz
(Member +)
02/24/12 07:30 PM

Looks great! What size wheels and tires?

Tre3zy
02/24/12 11:48 PM

thnx they are 17x7.5 on 225's

COVR4355
(Junior Member)
05/05/18 04:20 PM

COVR4355...just got done installing these beauties on my sweet ride! Love them immensely, I might be able to keep up with my wife in her Coyote GT in the canyons now
I would love to get an update with everyone regarding longevity of these BC Coilovers-especially with possible Winter driving conditions...known maintenance issues to be addressed, best tire/wheel setup for aggressive canyon drives with negative camber in the rear, etc?
Thank you
-Joshua-

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page