Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/26/09 06:59 PM
big power help with 565

whats up I just got my turbo in the mail and I wanted to know some opinons on piston sizes. I am going to drive the car maybe 2 to 3 times a week....The turbo that I am going to be runnung is a gt40....Give me some of your opions I am also going to be running bc 280's and 1200cc injector and dsm link (V3)

Brianawd
(Higher Launch RPM)
03/26/09 07:13 PM
Re: big power help with 565

Quote:

whats up I just got my turbo in the mail and I wanted to know some opinons on piston sizes. I am going to drive the car maybe 2 to 3 times a week....The turbo that I am going to be runnung is a gt40....Give me some of your opions I am also going to be running bc 280's and 1200cc injector and dsm link (V3)

Not to be a Dick but this has been beaten to death. Just do a search and every thing you are looking for is there.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/27/09 03:50 AM

Really depends on what fuel you will be running it on. 8.5-9:1 if you're running in on mainly pump gas, 10:1 if it's gonna be race gas or E85.

GVR-4
(Creative Name Huh?)
03/27/09 07:42 PM

I would recommend the size pistons that fit in the bore. But that's just me.

prove_it
(my racist jokes aren't actually funny)
03/28/09 09:38 PM

I heard that helps

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/28/09 10:13 PM

hey guys I think that I am going to go with 9-1 and go .20 over I don't want ot have too much lag and I have done research and I am going to go with that set up. Soon as I get my parts I will start posting pics and get it back together running with that nice new turbo....

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/28/09 10:20 PM

I went with 9.5-1 on my stroker. Off-boost driving is wonderful. Throttle response for days and damn near insta-boost. But will limit boost if i dont run the meth. The engine is almost broke in and the tune isnt spot-on yet. A work in progress still.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/30/09 04:33 AM

1457GVR4 what size turbo are you running...I am running into all kinds of issuses. Damn love my Gvr4.....Hey I have a question t4 twin scroll manild I have been looking and searching and I keep coming up with JH racing and I can't see were they are still doing any bus... and I found Ets and I can't even find a twin scroll t4 mani on there site..... I saw one on a evo fourm but that was about it..A top mount JMF or shear fab is like 1300.... I want to spend like 1000 at most on the manifold b/c I am going to have to buy the waste gates and they are not cheap...So holla if anyone knows anything thanks

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/30/09 11:08 AM

Talk to me about your setup.

That's my old GT40 you bought!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/30/09 02:24 PM

well my head is built(ferra valves,hks springs,manley retainer,bc 280's 3rd gen lifters) egale H-beam rods manley piston 9:5:1 acl's arp's l19 head studs o-ring head and block soon v3 dsm link. JMF intake manifold and I want a Jhracing manifold twin scroll with twin 38mm. Fuel 1200cc to 1400cc injectors and some other stuff that I have to buy like fluidine balencer.....Ohhhh .020 over on the block and decked balanced oem MLS that is about it I guess and hks cam gears....I can't think I am on brake from work I am on my way back I will see what you think.

slugsgomoo
(god hates stupid people)
03/30/09 02:33 PM

Shearer Fabrications makes a manifold that would probably work for you (top mount twin scroll T4) don't assume it will be cheap.

Honestly, you might want to put that GT40 to the side for a while until you get all the other stuff sorted out. Realistically, once you're at that size turbo, questions about which manifold, piston, etc should either have obvious answers, or the question should be a lot more pointed and detailed.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/30/09 04:48 PM

well I understand the gt40 being it's size and what power it is capable of I understand what I would like to do.....I have been building my 7g galant for a long time and I am not in a big rush to finish it so all my parts that I was going to put on my 7g is going on my 6g....So long story short I have been doing this for a while and I will do it right one time only. I really want to keep all my options open that is why I always ask question and I am always researching parts so I guess in the end I really know what I want I just think there is always better ways of doing things...but thank you for the sugguestion.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/31/09 07:06 AM

www.ds-map.net

Screw dsmlink, you got a real turbo your gunna need real tuning.

Whats your trans/clutch/axles/brakes looking like? (They better be built too!)

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/31/09 07:18 AM

okay I will check that site out. My drive train is oem. I am going to be getting the motor and stuff right before I take my tranny down I will do all the tranny work myself I just want to do things one at a time.....oh but I have a act 2600, fid fly wheel. that is it. I have also decided that I am going to sell my eagle rods and get gorden rods and my kiggly girdle and I am still making a decision on pistions...still thinkin

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/31/09 08:54 AM

I ran eagles with no problems.

You don't *need huge, gangster, aluminum rods to make big power, chromoly is tough as hell.

The powerband on this turbo on a 2.0 is about 5k-9k.

Make sure that all of your components will spin that high. (Engine, trans, fuel system, wastegates,etc)

You have a lot of work ahead of you, if you don't want to be ultimately dissapointed by your new turbo purchase.

GT40>E316G , but if its not setup correctly the 16g's will walk by you.

I hope your in for the long haul...

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/31/09 10:38 AM

wow thank you.....I never thought that is was that serious..I am doing this b/c I love dsm's and I like cars....I have been in it this long with my other two galants (7g,8g) I guess that I will continue. Oh yeah my only problem with my bottom end is my rods I don't trust them so I guess I am going to get rid of them..and get gordoan rod simple as that....I don't like some thing and I am going to change and fix it......It's okay I won't tell (I love you) You can always be my friend.....This is what I love to do and that is it.......either help me like the thread says or don't post at all thanks.....

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/31/09 07:02 PM

on the "Love you" part

But glad to help!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/31/09 08:01 PM

ha ha knew you would like that part..so what are the advantages of dsm link v3 compared to the other stand alone...

NateCrisman
(Fisheye Hoodpins)
03/31/09 11:47 PM

Well 638 and I will both tell you that DS-Map is about $500 or so better than DSMlink, seeing as it works just as well and is free software. Personally, I will always take speed density over a maf sensor.

Neither is a stand-alone system, they are both just remapped stock ecu. Just about everyone that talks about a standalone ECU is referring to a haltec, motec, or AEM system. Generally a universal ECU that can be put on anything and needs to be tuned from scratch and has every variable adjustable.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/01/09 06:40 AM

wow so it is a speed density system.... I am going to have to do some research on this....I have delt with link and it was okay....I am going to check them out so I can get a better understanding....And thank you for the help

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/01/09 02:10 PM

^ Don't forget that you can also run ECMLink V3 in speed density mode

slugsgomoo
04/01/09 05:06 PM

isn't that once they have the update for it?

It does have native GM Maf support though.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/01/09 05:34 PM

It's pretty much done. My V3 is on the way and we're switching it to speed density when it gets here. There are several cars currently running v3 in speed density mode with great success. Some big power guys are beta testing it and providing feedback which is what we're doing as well (if you consider 400-500whp big power). It just hasn't been officially released as an update. Read up on the link forum for more information or call me next week and I'll let you know how it went on the dyno.

prove_it
04/01/09 11:16 PM

Once I get a MAP wired up, I'll be running speed density with my V3. Money's tight right now though.
If you want stand alone and are cheap..... don't laugh...
check out megasquirt. It's not fancy, but it works.

Also you'll be just fine with 9.0:1 It's a GT40, it's going to lag.

prove_it
04/01/09 11:21 PM

Quoting RvlutionMtrsport:

It's pretty much done. My V3 is on the way and we're switching it to speed density when it gets here. There are several cars currently running v3 in speed density mode with great success. Some big power guys are beta testing it and providing feedback which is what we're doing as well (if you consider 400-500whp big power). It just hasn't been officially released as an update. Read up on the link forum for more information or call me next week and I'll let you know how it went on the dyno.

by the way keep me posted on this. I'm really curious. I have high hopes for link. I don't mess with the sliders, just the factory maps.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/01/09 11:25 PM

I'll post up some updates after I've dyno'd. It runs excellent right now with the V2 and 3G MAS. Got 26mpg on the last tank and the car pulls like an animal. I'm pretty happy with the setup. V3 should just smooth things out a little more and hopefully extract a little more power/spool with a 4" intake and no MAS.

prove_it
04/01/09 11:28 PM

what are you using to convert to speed density? I didn't realize you could eliminate the MAF already. I was going just use the MAF Clamp after about 300 hz.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/01/09 11:31 PM

When the V3 gets here we'll eliminate the MAF, run a MAP sensor and AIT sensor. Read up on the link board...

prove_it
04/01/09 11:36 PM

i didn't realize you can run full speed density already. That is beautiful.
So your telling me that the hours I've spent compensating the MAF were pointless. Boo!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/04/09 08:00 PM

I just ordered my kiggly girdle and soon I am going to get my gorden rods and my pistons soon...I will keep you posted. When my motor locked up my crank seezed with it. I hope that it is okay or I my have to get it turned or another.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/05/09 10:39 AM

Do not cut your crank. It will make your crank weak.

Instead, find a good condition, un-cut crank and use that.

Where you are going to be making big power, you also want a certain amount of reliability. Cutting your crank will not afford you that.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/05/09 11:12 AM

yeah I know I hope that it is okay if not I want t see if I can get polished....but I might have to get another....Hey question??? some people are running non turbo blocks, what are the pros and con of that..I know that you don't have o squirters but what else..

CarRacer
(Giant Sack of Ginger)
04/05/09 11:29 AM

Slugsgomoo talked about this earlier in the week in the IRC channel. The ring lands on the NA pistons are too close to the dome of the piston and have weaker ring lands unsuitable for turbo applications.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/05/09 11:43 AM

cool thanks for the heads up...I will keep my turbo block and run it...

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/05/09 11:47 AM

But, the N/T blocks are pretty much identical, aside from the 10.0:1 N/A pistons w/ weak lands.

The Cranks are the same, and the fact that it has no squirters might be an advantage depending on what you are doing with the engine.

I Blocked the squirters off in my last engine to maintain high oil pressure.

YMMV.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/05/09 12:09 PM

well I plan on just going .20 over and a girdle gorden alum rods and 9 to 1 pistons..I was going to get one thi week and get everything done as far as the machine work..Oil pressue is key with dsm's, that was one of the key reasons and n/a blocks don't get as much abuse as turbo blocks

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/09/09 11:03 PM

got my girdle and I am looking at this oil pump here is the link click

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/10/09 07:08 AM

John Shepherd runs 8's with an OEM oil pump. If its good enough for him...

I had a brand new OEM case/gears with the B/S removed, and the oil squirters removed, and I got 80 psi at 3000rpm. This is what John shepherd ran on his 8 second setup.

You needs more GT4082 Parts!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/10/09 08:33 AM

well that is why I posted that...John tracks his car and that is it no nonthing else..no street time mybe he drives it to work maybe...I am going for somthing different and I don't want to drop pressure...

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
04/10/09 09:36 AM

Stock pumps will do 60 psi max, so at 3000 RPM 80 psi is way strong, and it goes up linearly by RPM.

That's 100psi at redline on: OEM pump, Removed B/S and oil squirters.

Enough pressure for ya?

slugsgomoo
04/10/09 12:16 PM

You might ask Brianawd what he thinks of Groden rods

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/11/09 09:01 PM

hey today I went out and tried to turn over the vr4 and to my suprise it turn, I had the jumper cables on but it turned just a little I am going to take the starter off and test you never know...

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/12/09 08:14 PM

Update on parts that I have gotten for 565.....
Magnus intake manifold with nit and meth bungs welded
1600cc injector
weisco 1400 HD pistons
jay racing alternator relocation
Hks timing belt
tranny is getting ready to be sent off....
gt4088

Parts I will get at x-mas
Jmf top mount manifold
twin 38mm waste gates
An lines and fittings with jmf breather
maybe Rpf1's

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
02/16/10 10:28 AM

Well I figured that I would just update this thread. 565 is in pieces. My money is getting short on this build. I have the block is cleaned and bored and decked. I decided on Map Ultimate duty connecting rods, I am in need of a virgin crank. I kind of want a eagle crank but they are kind of expensive. I posted a pick of my manifold a couple weeks ago. The build will be done in the next couple months or weeks depending on my money.

rgeier11
(sled driving mullet brain)
02/16/10 12:46 PM

Some people have said their Eagle cranks had poor tolerances when compared to a used Mitsubishi 6-bolt crank.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
02/22/10 10:42 AM

update list on parts.I ordered my rods from Maperformance on friday and I also ordered A1 H11 head studs, I also am getting my turbo manifold this week as well. Parts I am waiting on is Felpro MLS head gasket magnus intake gasket, (2)tial 38mm waste gates, Dsmlink V3 and Kelford cams(280's),new Oem oil pump,and Jay racing an fitting for water pump. Maybe this week I will get some stuff ordered. I will let you guys know what comes in and maybe I will steal camera and take some pic of all this stuff. Can't wait

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
02/25/10 09:51 PM

Update: Wow I got the rods and they are beautiful and the H11 head studs sick. I am still waiting on the mani. I took the interior out and I am going to be getting a cage in the next 2 weeks 7 point or 8 point. That is what the guy said he would do for scca reg and drag racing. Should be nice

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/01/10 10:23 AM

Update got the manifold I am in the process of taking the dash out(really don't want to do!!!!) Putting the front sus. back on so I can toe it to the guy doing the cage. Going to order in the next couple of weeks. Two 38mm waste gates(v-ban)Head gasket(felpro MLS), fuel pump(undecided), Dsm link V3,and going through the tranny. Mo money hopefully no problems

4thStroke
(Spence knows tools)
03/03/10 12:08 AM

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.

The dash comes out pretty easy, its the reinstall that you are really going to hate.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/03/10 08:26 AM

soon we will find out. Got to get the movin on puttin the front suspension back on. Then I can get the cage. Ohhh yeahhhhh

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/15/10 05:47 PM

Hey I am thinking about turning my crank do you think I should or just trash the crank. Remember the car had locked up and then I free it back up again and it locked again

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
03/16/10 08:27 AM

I would trash it. IMO I wouldn't trust it after locking up twice.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/20/10 12:29 AM

been working on the old Galant and I got the dash out and I need to clean it out and put the front end back on so I can send it off. Took my seats to a guy that is going to recover them for 150 for both. It is going to be leather on the side and suede down the middle. I am tired but happy
That dash was a bitch to get out

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/22/10 08:26 AM

Update pictures I got a little bored, so I did some mock up pic. All I had was a crappy cell phone at the time enjoy

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/27/10 09:08 PM

Update the G ride is off to get a cage. I can't wait to get it back the guy said it will take about 2-3 weeks to get it done. Now I can clean up my building. Hey guys dose anyone now someone that can weld my down pipe, it is a 4 inch v-band if I am not mistaken. I have to measure to make sure that I am right. Please let me know guys if you have anyone in mind for the job.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/27/10 09:15 PM

Almost forgot I am sending my crank to castillo crankshafts in CA. I should be sending it off and my 1600cc injectors to FIC to be turned to fit a dsm fuel rail. I am still waiting on my waste gates head gasket and a couple of little things. I have not decided on witch one of these is best for me(DSMLINK V3 or DSMMAP. Input is greatly appreciated so let me know which one you think is good and your reasons why.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/08/10 11:44 PM

Update Cage should be done this week and I get the Q45 throttle body tommarrow

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/10/10 10:41 PM

Got some cage update pic's

Ready for next week I get my car back

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
04/11/10 02:03 AM

That things gonna be sick. What track you gonna run it at?

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/11/10 12:53 PM

A little Drag and I want to run at VIR in VA

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
04/11/10 02:11 PM

VIR will be fun. I'm hopin to rake 192 up there for some of the HPDE days.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/11/10 09:27 PM

And I got the cage done for the low. The guy charged me 650 I can't wait

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/11/10 10:38 PM

update pic got the throttle body

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/20/10 10:45 PM

update crankshaft has been sent off

AnotherNewb
(flutterdumper)
04/28/10 12:29 AM

Wow great deal on the cage looks great, lot of money going into a lot of parts, hope it all comes together the way you plan

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/28/10 10:03 PM

Thanks I have to get this car going and I have invested so much and I can't wait until I get it done so that I can destroy some of the V8 guys around in NC

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
04/29/10 07:37 AM

plenty of V8 tards up this way. you should run it at farmington.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/29/10 07:34 PM

I just want to run this one guy. He has a fox body mustang with a pro-charger. I just want destroy them. It is a tube chassis car. He says that he has a big block but I think it is just a 5.0 bored and has a mild cam. I hope to see him and I don't want to hear any excuses. Stupid mustang guys. Tricks are for kids

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/29/10 08:50 PM

Oh I almost forgot I sent my crankshaft off and here is a little more information on click

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/29/10 09:02 PM

Here is another link. They did a k series with a 105mm and it is sweet. Can't wait to get it back for the 4G63. click

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
07/05/10 11:12 PM

Well it has been a while. Got some update pics...

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
07/05/10 11:14 PM

I should get my crank back this week and bearings. So all I am missing is a oil pump and balance shaft delete.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
07/10/10 08:27 PM

just a warning. those aluminum jayracing alt relocater brackets love to break after some street miles.

I heard they've revised the design and now sell a steel version.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
07/28/10 05:51 PM

Hey thanks for the heads up. Update I am getting the jay racing main caps and I will have the motor together for the most part. Stilll waiting on the turbo to get sold and get this s375.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
08/02/10 04:51 PM

What do you guys think about witch A/R Size I go with on the s375?? 1.01 or 1.10 or 1.28. A little help please guys

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
08/02/10 05:03 PM

Quoting Terrance362:

Hey thanks for the heads up. Update I am getting the jay racing main caps and I will have the motor together for the most part. Stilll waiting on the turbo to get sold and get this s375.

Wouldn't you have to align-hone the mains as a whole when replacing main caps?

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
08/02/10 05:19 PM

yep you sure do. Once I get them I have to put the studs and the kiggly girdle on and get it line honed

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/14/10 04:36 PM

Little update for the bottom end

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
08/29/16 09:23 PM

Been a long time since I have posted anything lol. Car has gone though many changes. Bought parts and sold parts, but I need to finish my never ending project, After all these years I finally put the pistons and rods in. I broke the top oil ring. But everything else is okay, In the coming weeks majority of 565 will be done outside of the harness, Haltech and a turbo.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/04/16 09:42 PM

update, I started putting the bottom end together and I broke the oil ring and messed up one rod bearing, I ordered a new set of rings and bearings. Also new oil pan and Magnus v3 cast manifold with dual rail setup and Aeromotive Mechanical fuel pump and bracket. Will be looing to do get the motor buttoned up this week or next week.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/04/16 09:46 PM

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
10/23/16 11:52 AM

I got the English racing under drive oil pump pully installed. Now I am just waiting on the cylinder head to get the springs put in

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
10/23/16 11:54 AM

bazeng
(work in progress)
10/24/16 05:06 AM

Looking amazing!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/03/16 06:34 AM

Got around to putting the head on, I have to put the car on hold for a couple weeks until I close on my house.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/03/16 06:55 AM

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/03/16 06:59 AM

Admins can this be moved to General Discussions?

brisvr4
(Oceania Distict Enforcer for the Galant VR4 Mafia)
11/03/16 07:27 PM

I hope you made the appropriate turbo sounds whilst "test driving" it for that last pic

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/04/16 05:56 AM

You know I did

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/09/16 01:13 AM

Picked up a remote water pump and chute mount for the car

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/16/16 02:37 PM

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
12/24/16 09:20 PM

Got my drag brakes in the mail.

ghostinthevr4
(Likes Poetry)
12/25/16 03:43 PM

Sweet Christmas, your build looks legit you doing big things over there.

I didn't know the dude from the 30yr old virgin was a Mitsu enthusiast.

Keep up the great work!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/18/17 12:51 AM

Been a while since I have worked on the car. I did all the trans stuff, valve body shift kit done by metro, Center diff welded by metro as well and Jeff bush rip grip. Just saving for a Converter.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/18/17 01:07 AM

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/20/17 10:28 PM

Finished up the rear end today. Afco upper and lower control arms and Jays Racing anti toe installed.

strokin4dr
(fighting them with a large needle)
09/21/17 09:35 AM

Loving the progress pics. Keep it up!!

CutlassJim
(poop load of room)
09/23/17 09:45 AM

Quoting Terrance362:

Dude Darius Rucker is trying to steal your car!

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/24/17 09:22 PM

CutlassJim
(poop load of room)
09/25/17 08:52 AM

But seriously it's awesome you still have the car. I hope it turns out to be a beast for you with all the work you're putting into it.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
09/25/17 08:42 PM

I really hope so too. I have really came to the conclusion that I want to finish this project. I don't have much left get. I just really want to drive it.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
10/05/17 01:10 AM

Finally did my timing.

COVR4355
(Junior Member)
10/05/17 10:31 AM

Good God this is an awesome build...going to put up some serious numbers and in style too!
Love the updates, keep them coming please!
-Joshua-

strokin4dr
(fighting them with a large needle)
10/06/17 09:18 AM

We want videos of you driving it!
8 years of posting updates and probably even longer squirreling away parts. Time for all this to pay off!!

Quoting Terrance362:

I really hope so too. I have really came to the conclusion that I want to finish this project. I don't have much left get. I just really want to drive it.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
10/06/17 03:31 PM

I'm trying my best to get this thing going. A couple things left to get. Now its all about the big money items. Torque converter, Two more slicks, Stand alone, Injectors, and Tune. Won't be long. I hope

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
10/23/17 10:15 PM

I'm wide awake but my helper is going to sleep on me. Might go stuff it in tonight

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
10/24/17 09:35 PM

Motor and Trans are in. Gonna have to replace motor mounts with regular one. I have avid billet solid mounts. They are such a bitch to get lined up. Seems like the ATI balancer won't clear the frame. The trans mount won't line up. I'm hopping the less aggressive mount will free up some movement. Just got to order some and find out.

slugsgomoo
11/05/17 02:14 AM

if you have the front and rear, and the drives mount on & snug in that picture, I kind of feel like one of the mounts you have is DSM and not galant (I can't remember if it's front or rear that's the issue).

I accidentally threw a 1g mount in my car once and the motor was just cockeyed enough that it made trying to bolt all the mounts absolutely miserable, until I took it apart and put the correct one in. If not... maybe it is just the billet mounts, but I'd check it.

diambo4life
(Member)
11/05/17 08:40 AM

Looks killer.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
12/21/17 11:51 PM

Update: Haven't really messed with the car. I'm Saving for a drive shaft, coilovers and other little things. Still trying to get it going. Tomorrow I am going to put the axles in and T case. other than that I'm waiting.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
12/22/17 12:48 AM

What driveshaft?

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
12/25/17 09:49 AM

Gonna get a Drive Shaft Shop one

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
12/25/17 12:35 PM

Unless you plan to do the 300m xfer case upgrade and upgrade the slip yoke on the DSS driveshaft, I'd reconsider in favor of a stock driveshaft instead.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
12/25/17 01:04 PM

I do plan on the 300m upgrade. There is a wait for it I understand. I plan on getting the Boostin billet section with the upgrade and drive shaft.

tektic
(Senior Member)
12/27/17 10:55 AM

The mounts from my auto gsx galant were different than the manual vr4 and the auto gsx eclipse. They had their own part numbers. I documented that elsewhere on this site.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/01/18 10:33 PM

Coil overs came in today. Hopfully in the next two weeks I will drop the car to get the Fab work done, and then save for the computer

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/02/18 08:49 PM

bazeng
(work in progress)
03/19/18 08:02 AM

Great updates!

Looks like it's going to be fast!

What's the - fitting in the timing cover?

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/23/18 10:45 PM

It's a crank case vent.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/23/18 10:50 PM

Update
Waiting on two more things before the T-case is done

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
04/28/18 08:42 PM

Turbo came back. I have to get a v band hot side in order to run my manifold.Turbo is a Gt42r

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
06/10/18 12:19 PM

Little update,
Came across a manifold and some other little things

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
06/11/18 11:47 AM

Little things. Funny.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/06/18 08:59 AM

I haven't messed with my pile of crap in a while. Went to World Cup Finals and got somewhat motivated. I ran some lines and made my turbo drain line. Started on some fuel lines. That about it.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/06/18 09:04 AM

FlyingEagle
(Eager Beaver)
11/09/18 09:51 PM

Can't wait to see this get a shake down run or two, before getting into some deep numbers.

I bet it will sound amazing ... nobody cares about fast.

Mn92gvr4
(Member)
11/11/18 06:10 PM

Where did you find the AN banjo style fittings?

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/13/18 06:12 PM

Quoting FlyingEagle:

Can't wait to see this get a shake down run or two, before getting into some deep numbers.

I bet it will sound amazing ... nobody cares about fast.

I just want to fire this thing up and enjoy it before I brake it. Hope to get the Galant vr4 Record since it has been reset twice recently

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
11/13/18 06:15 PM

Quoting Mn92gvr4:

Where did you find the AN banjo style fittings?

I got them at Summit and they were sky high. They are fregola fittings. Think they are like 40 or 50 bucks a piece

Deboelduro1
(Newbie)
12/10/18 03:52 AM

Iím building #881 at the moment. I canít wait to see yours driving

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
01/24/19 09:27 PM

Update: Car is together just waiting on Haltech. So yeah I need money

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page