JSchleim18
(Minor 69er)
01/28/09 06:30 PM
Carbon Fiber Pieces

Just throwing this out there. Can anyone else think of what they'd want to be done in carbon fiber? I was thinking of the JDM Fuel Door without the keyhole in it. What else?

We would need 15 people to leave non-refundable deposits on each item.

DarkDevilMMM
(if I want a potential headache, I rather just get another GVR4)
01/28/09 06:44 PM
Re: Carbon Fiber Pieces

how about CF hood, oh wait...

how about JDM front and rear bumper, AMG smooth sides, fenders, doors, center console, dash, steering wheel, shift knob, seats, drive shaft, wheel, that's about right...

gtluke
(Fegbasket)
01/28/09 06:48 PM

i bet the dashboard in our cars weigh a damn ton. but it would have to be really nice for me to switch it out, since the galant dash is actually really nice to begin with.
it's probably a whore to make too.
i doubt fenders are worth it, doors would be too expensive. bumpers wouldn't last

make me a luggage suitcase that is exactly 26x26x10 with a handle and i'll pay $200 for it

G
(JDM Unit)
01/28/09 06:53 PM

Window visor/ vent shades. Front & rear under body diffusers?

CarRacer
(Giant Sack of Ginger)
01/28/09 07:05 PM

Plug wire cover. I'd pay under $100 for one. Leaves the sleeper look, as it makes no external changes. Still allows for a little dress up under the hood. Simple design and wouldn't be terribly hard to manufacturer.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/28/09 07:09 PM

Quoting JSchleim18:

Just throwing this out there. Can anyone else think of what they'd want to be done in carbon fiber? I was thinking of the JDM Fuel Door without the keyhole in it. What else?

We would need 15 people to leave non-refundable deposits on each item.

i want a fuel door lol

G
(JDM Unit)
01/28/09 07:10 PM

^ I have real carbon fiber one (spark plug cover) fs from japan, just never had time to post it, pm me if you want it.

14u2nV
(Resident Pedobear)
01/28/09 07:21 PM

I told him once if he made CF doglegs/sideskirts, I'd buy a set. I bet a lot of people would.

BoostedAWD91
(Senior Member)
01/28/09 08:07 PM

fuse box covers, front lip (not sure if it would be a good idea or not due to hitting things), door panels, wiper cowl, fuel door... hmmm

thecman02
(too lazy to look)
01/28/09 09:08 PM

The Trim Piece that goes around the Instrument Cluster would be interesting. Center Console would be cool as well as the other things already mentioned.

Barnes
(Firechicken)
01/28/09 09:13 PM

Maybe it would be simpler if people listed the parts they *don't* want made in CF.

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
01/28/09 09:42 PM

^+1 windshield everything else, go for it

belize1334
(well bread and nobly conceived)
01/28/09 10:20 PM

I imagine that alot of people would like a refund done in carbon fiber. You could get one person to send you an itemization of how much they've lost on CF deposits, then make a refund template, and then just make one for everyone. I'm sure that'd please the whole community!

Sorry, that was unfair and I apologize. If you've actually got plans to get stuff going don't let my skepticism hold you back.

Scientist
(Secretary of the Interior)
01/28/09 10:26 PM

How about a CF center dash pod?

doesn't have to be cf but a decent lip kit and side skirt for the JDM bumper
Eyelids

There used to be a company making CF intakes for 2gs...those looked nice.

Center arm rest?

JSchleim18
(Minor 69er)
01/28/09 10:49 PM

Quoting belize1334:

I imagine that alot of people would like a refund done in carbon fiber. You could get one person to send you an itemization of how much they've lost on CF deposits, then make a refund template, and then just make one for everyone. I'm sure that'd please the whole community!

Sorry, that was unfair and I apologize. If you've actually got plans to get stuff going don't let my skepticism hold you back.

I don't think some of these items will be a problem to make. I'll update the For Sale thread shortly.

slobra
(I haven't contributed enough of my stupidity)
01/28/09 11:23 PM

I wouldnt mind a keyless fuel door, CF or not.

JSchleim18
(Minor 69er)
01/28/09 11:29 PM

I agree...I don't really want it to be in carbon fiber. Maybe fiberglass?

Ralli380Gvr4
(Bearded Snow Leopard)
01/29/09 12:02 AM

Quoting G:

Window visor/ vent shades. Front & rear under body diffusers?

+1!! Here's a list of 13 people already, rain guard group buy

I would also like to see a keyless fuel door (CF or fiberglass), COP plate's would be a big hit, wiper cowl that retains wipers, Eterna grille, fuse box cover, upper timing belt cover, headlight eyebrows to compliment the new cf hoods coming out.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/29/09 12:45 AM

Quoting CarRacer:

Plug wire cover. I'd pay under $100 for one. Leaves the sleeper look, as it makes no external changes. Still allows for a little dress up under the hood. Simple design and wouldn't be terribly hard to manufacturer.

I actually have a carbon plug wire cover on 503. I don't even remember where I bought it.

Scientist
(Secretary of the Interior)
01/29/09 06:19 AM

Rear Visors!

strokin4dr
(fighting them with a large needle)
01/29/09 06:43 AM

+1 For the wiper cowl idea. I think that would look nice.

Carbon fiber roof skin.

G
(JDM Unit)
01/29/09 06:47 AM

I'll take one of these:

A set of fender flares & one of these sweet vr4 hoods:

icurunnin
(GVR4 Pimpin)
01/29/09 06:51 AM

Quoting thecman02:

The Trim Piece that goes around the Instrument Cluster would be interesting. Center Console would be cool as well as the other things already mentioned.

x2

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
01/29/09 06:53 AM

if properly produced, (structurely sound, bolts up perfectly) I would honestly get every body piece done.
I vote for wiper cowl
how bout a gauge pod for the steering column?
rear spoilers? stock, amg, evo?

91GSR
(JONG)
01/29/09 08:10 AM

i would go for a spoiler, as well as bumpers possibly, with the center already hacked out. a few people mentioned full side cladding in CF...i would go for that. im guessing the AMG style is the completely smooth one? no ripples in it? im thinking of just filling in the ripples on mine with bondo or something cuz i dont like them...

belize1334
01/29/09 08:13 AM

Quoting mountaineerjeff:

how bout a gauge pod for the steering column?

+1, that would be great.

BoostedAWD91
(Senior Member)
01/29/09 12:08 PM

Quoting thecman02:

they have been made the carbon fiber overlays for the gauge cluster before, im not sure if they still do or if u can get them anymore. I have one in my galant, but i havent seen them anywhere else before

belize1334
01/29/09 12:14 PM

What about doing an instrument cluster bezel with the dual 52mm gauge pods in the upper corners?

JSchleim18
(Minor 69er)
01/29/09 12:18 PM

I would really like one of those as well even though I'd prefer the interior pieces to be made in a color matching material. When I get home tonight I will write these down and have a list of each to see where the most interest is.

Ralli380Gvr4
(Bearded Snow Leopard)
01/29/09 12:59 PM

Quoting belize1334:

What about doing an instrument cluster bezel with the dual 52mm gauge pods in the upper corners?

I'd take on of those too

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
01/29/09 01:15 PM

Quoting belize1334:

^^ Where do I send my deposit?

slugsgomoo
(god hates stupid people)
01/29/09 01:28 PM

the only things that would matter to me are large heavy pieces that can be made into large light pieces.

hood/trunk/fenders/doors are about the limit

being like a kid on tunerz and wanting CF door inserts =

Diego
(Mad Hatter Suite Touche Debackle Guage filled by Justin)
01/29/09 08:26 PM

Quoting 14u2nV:

I told him once if he made CF doglegs/sideskirts, I'd buy a set. I bet a lot of people would.

Ditto. wouldnt mind that at all.

G
(JDM Unit)
01/29/09 08:38 PM

bump.

Quoting G:

I'll take one of these:

A set of fender flares & one of these sweet vr4 hoods:

icurunnin
(GVR4 Pimpin)
01/29/09 10:16 PM

Quoting Shiskibob:

Quoting belize1334:

^^ Where do I send my deposit?

x3

4wheelsqueal
(Member +)
02/06/09 08:18 PM

X4 and +2 for the eyelids

G
(JDM Unit)
02/06/09 10:41 PM

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/06/09 10:56 PM

add to the count for the gauge pod. seems like an easy sellable fix.

91GSR
(JONG)
02/07/09 07:42 AM

what part of the gauge pod r u guys talkin about. have a pic to demonstrate?

EDIT: NM im an idiot..i thought u were talking about the OEM gauge cluster, but ur talking about an AM gauge pod for a boost gauge or something...gotcha

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/07/09 10:43 AM

something to fit in the stock cluster area and hold two gauges, one on each side

Ralli380Gvr4
(Bearded Snow Leopard)
02/07/09 10:52 AM

Quoting G:

Yes. Yes.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
02/07/09 11:15 AM

Can you do a 12K weave? I would entertain front end items more then anything. Fenders would be really cool. Rear housing of the light would be cool. Those are heavy... Roof skin no sunroof would be nice to see.
Cheers
Brian

HHIVR4
(Aluminum Lung)
02/07/09 11:40 AM

Carbon valve cover would be tits if its possible.Alt heat shield would be cool as well as heat shield for the intake to keep from breathing hot air from under the hood.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
02/07/09 12:45 PM

Quoting 91GSR:

what part of the gauge pod r u guys talkin about. have a pic to demonstrate?

EDIT: NM im an idiot..i thought u were talking about the OEM gauge cluster, but ur talking about an AM gauge pod for a boost gauge or something...gotcha

This is the 2G version....

91GSR
(JONG)
02/07/09 02:09 PM

i wants me one o dem...thats sexy

BoostedAWD91
(Senior Member)
02/07/09 03:43 PM

+1

spooling92vr4
(Yeah Toast! * Now with JELLY!!!)
02/07/09 05:01 PM

after the 2 hoods and trunk lid debockle how is this guy possibly gonna make more shit for us not to buy?

JSchleim18
(Minor 69er)
02/07/09 05:03 PM

This thread was made before the mishap with the JDM hoods. If we get that sorted out then he may make more for us. Same rule applies...$100 non-refundable deposit.

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/07/09 06:03 PM

eh. it doesnt really seem like any of the little pieces are worth $100.
maybe just 100 total, but not a bunch on top of the deposit, and Ive never personally had an experience, but im a bit skeptical with the bad rep hes getting. Id be pissed if I put down a 100 for a 1 piece dual pod, then he decides it will be easier to make it in multiple peices.

JSchleim18
(Minor 69er)
02/07/09 06:46 PM

Sorry I didn't mean to say everything will be a $100 deposit. It'll vary

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/07/09 07:04 PM

oh, ok. well that would be more reasonable

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/11/09 06:27 PM

one of these

381gvr4
(used by hotroders)
02/11/09 06:29 PM

I personally would like to see center vent section reversed from RHD to fit automatic climate control. CF nasty!!!! I can get climate unit for aprox $50 all day.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
02/13/09 12:24 AM

Id still be interested in fenders and light housings.... anything to cut weight off the front end..

belize1334
02/13/09 02:50 PM

Click me for thread about gauge bezel. This is what I'd like to see if it could come off without costing an arm and a leg. What does that 2G piece cost? I imagine that the price would be comparable.

SmoothCustomer
(Public school educated knowitall)
02/13/09 02:53 PM

^^ I would buy that in 2 seconds and 3 gauge would be perfect because I want boost wideband and egt. Here's the 2g one it's $70 even which isnt to bad Not carbon fiber though

vr460mez
(Junior Member)
02/20/09 06:31 AM

Roof skin no sunroof would be nice to see. +1

324vr4
(manly-loud yet refined)
02/20/09 08:40 AM

i'd want a non-sunroof roofskin too.

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/20/09 03:53 PM

like we can pull our metal skin off and replace it with CF? if there was ANY weight loss id be in on it.

bustedsm
(trying to feel really special)
02/20/09 06:25 PM

^^ There is a few lbs, nothing major though. There are replacements for the Evolution platform that look pretty damn sick nasty

dime2nr
(Member ++)
02/20/09 06:44 PM

the biggest benefit of a CF roof skin would be not how much weight but where it is taken from. weight from higher up in the car helps lower the center of gravity

mountaineerjeff
(<3 NJ)
02/20/09 07:27 PM

baller, id be on that then. but im not big on the CF or JDM looks, so I would just get it painted. I bought a VR4 because of its sleeper status

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page