4Grim
(I deliver.)
05/08/20 06:42 PM
What's a good quality aftermarket starter?

Hello fellas.

Been out if the game for a bit but gradually getting my feet wet again with the Galant. Fixing little issues from the car sitting and my starter decided to retire at some point.

My dumbass in my 20's get ride of the original OEM starter and should of gotten it rebuilt but got a aftermarket unit years ago. Went on Rock Auto and didn't see a Denso option so wondering what's a decent option?

Any suggestions where to get a reman denso unit?

Thanks in advance.

transparentdsm
(I have to say something dumb Member)
05/08/20 07:07 PM
Re: What's a good quality aftermarket starter?

Would you like to buy an OEM starter from me. ?

JNR
(5 star (English Professor) member Has extensive pop up picture book collection)
05/09/20 02:15 PM

Out of those choices, would go with the *new* AC Delco. Perhaps the Remy is better, although I personally have never heard of that brand, least does not ring a bell.

Interesting the remanuf AC Delco is about the same price as new, so would be curious to know the difference.

idreamidrive
(Member +)
05/10/20 06:07 PM

Get the one you have rebuilt with quality parts?

4Grim
(I deliver.)
05/10/20 08:38 PM

Quoting transparentdsm:

Would you like to buy an OEM starter from me. ?

PM me a price shipped to 34743.

Thank you.

CutlassJim
(poop load of room)
05/14/20 08:19 AM

Quoting JNR:

Out of those choices, would go with the *new* AC Delco. Perhaps the Remy is better, although I personally have never heard of that brand, least does not ring a bell.

Interesting the remanuf AC Delco is about the same price as new, so would be curious to know the difference.

You've never heard of Delco-Remy?

I've been to the Remy plant in Wuhan China (Pre Covid) and they are an OEM quality manufacturer/supplier. FWIW they are owned by Borg-Warner Powertrain now.

JNR
(5 star (English Professor) member Has extensive pop up picture book collection)
05/14/20 07:08 PM

Delco-Remy...oh yeah, heard of them. Not sure why I didn't put them together in my mind, as the 'remy' part was kind of sort of sounding familiar...Now I see why.

4Grim
(I deliver.)
05/22/20 04:06 PM

Thank you for the input fellas....I appreciate it!

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.003 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page