Ebrake
(Newbie)
01/22/19 04:22 PM
Legit gvr4's

Let's say someone sold the badges on a legit gvr4 is there a indent in the dash or screw holes of where the badges was? And is there a way to find out what number it is?:!

transparentdsm
(I have to say something dumb Member)
01/22/19 04:27 PM
Re: Legit gvr4's

No holes, no indents, no real way to tell what number it was unless it's somewhere in "the registry" on this site.

thomcasey
(I ain't no puny human)
01/22/19 07:26 PM

Also, unless someone has converted a GGSX to look like a VR4 by swapping the interior and body panels, you will find it hard to find it faked. You can't just take a basic FWD Galant and make it a VR4 any easier than making a 1g GST into a GSX. The rear frame and floor is completely different.

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
01/23/19 07:05 AM

The assigned number is completely randon, so as Shane mentioned, unless it has been already recorded somewhere, it is unknown.

Now, verifying the chassis is a legit VR4 can be done. The VIN attached along with the chassis number stamped in the firewall can be checked and correlated to the correct VIN sequence for a VR4. If you want to, supply me the info you have and I can check on it. I have a list of all VR4 chassis imported to the US.

raptorWagon
(less than one year to my birthday)
02/10/19 03:49 PM

Quoting Ebrake:

Let's say someone sold the badges on a legit gvr4 is there a indent in the dash or screw holes of where the badges was? And is there a way to find out what number it is?:!

Keep in mind the badges only applies to USDM Galant VR-4s and the number represents the quantity imported, not built. All other GVR4s imported from overseas will not have a numbered badge.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.002 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page