johnnyRacer
(Member +++)
11/03/09 02:31 AM
Evolution X suspension

I was looking at the Evo X suspension. The front seem the same as the VIII and IX. The rear shocks however look like ours without the lower fork, but with a regular lower mount that you slide onto the stud and bolt it to the car. It seems to me this would make the Evo X a simple bolt on affair. Or Evo 8-9 front and Evo 10 rear suspension set up.

raptorWagon
(less than one year to my birthday)
11/03/09 03:01 AM
Re: Evolution X suspension

it's been discussed before and it would be one of those things you would have to try out yourself, however the Evo X does look to have a higher stance than a Evo 8/9 and thus might make our cars just look the same or maybe even more of a monster truck. click

And reference to this thread of the various spring sizes
Spring comparison

I had a 1g dsm friend ask me the same thing as he had acquired a set of Evo X stockers.

Here's a pic of them, now I know for sure those rear springs are definitely much taller than the Evo 8s I have on my car. Let's see what the Veterans say. My friend said the rear springs are within a inch of the same height as his stock springs, to me that would mean there wouldn't be any difference in height then, correct?

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
11/03/09 07:04 AM

I had someone send me some measurements & the Evo X rears were ~2" taller than the Evo 8-9. If memory serves me right, the fronts were ~ the same. I can't gurantee these measurements though as I didn't measure the evo X's myself. However looking @ the X, you can see the car has a higher stance.

prove_it
(my racist jokes aren't actually funny)
11/03/09 07:46 AM

So if the evo X rear suspension is 2" taller than the evo 8-9, then wouldn't work a bit better? I say this becuase when you install evo8-9 suspension you need to cut the front spring to level the car out. I always hate cutting springs so if the evo X suspension is taller in the rear, wouldn't it sit a bit more level without cutting the front springs? I think it may sit taller all around, but a set of lowering springs would fix that, or a set of coilovers for the evo X.

Is my logic correct, or is the 2" too tall?

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
11/03/09 10:14 AM

It depends on what you want for your car. If the 4x4 look is what you want then you could bolt-on the Evo X setup & go offroading or have a nice winter setup. Keep in mind that the springs also have a stiffer rate than gvr4 springs so the car will sit really high.

prove_it
11/03/09 10:28 AM

Even with lowering springs or coilovers?

belize1334
(well bread and nobly conceived)
11/03/09 10:33 AM

But at that point you'll be running an effective 2" drop on the suspension just to accomplish a stock-looking ride height. If you wanted to go any lower you'd have to worry about the struts bottoming out. Seems sketchy but if you can find a set cheep then I say go for it.

prove_it
11/03/09 12:10 PM

Ah, good point.

johnnyRacer
(Member +++)
11/03/09 12:30 PM

What about using 8-9 rear springs on the 10 shock. If the shocks are the same length then couldn't we just use 8-9 rear springs?

prove_it
11/04/09 09:25 AM

I would say the springs are longer because the lower perches are lower, so if lowering springs on evo X struts would cause bottoming out issues, then I would assume that evo 8-9 springs would do the same thing.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page