Lucas03ES
(Member)
09/24/09 02:25 AM
Wiring up aftermarket fan

When I picked up my galant, there seems to be a new radiator fan (passenger side), but it is not hooked up. The only wires it has are a blue and a black wire coming from the fan itself. Where is the wiring I would have to splice into to hook it up sorrectly? There are a couple loose wiring harness connections in that area of the engine bay so I can't really determine which is which. Pics would be a HUGE help...

Also, the A/C fa (driver's side, mounted on front side of rad.) has two sets of blue and black wires connected to a wiring harness on that side of the motor. Is that normal or is that fan wired to function for both?

Thanks
-Lucas

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
09/24/09 06:49 AM
Re: Wiring up aftermarket fan

There is a 6-pin connector right around the passenger side headlight. It has 2 wires going to a resistor pack, 2 wires to the thermo sensor on the radiator, and the last two go to your radiator fan. One blue w/ black strip and other blue w/ white strip. Just went through it myself. Only pic I can find on my comp where you can see it. Hopefully that helps.

Lucas03ES
(Member)
09/24/09 09:32 AM

Okay, thanks for the reply... Would I have to rewire all six of the wires or just the two for the fan?

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
09/24/09 03:02 PM

Should just be the two for the fan. The other two should remain untouched.

Lucas03ES
(Member)
09/24/09 11:37 PM

Alright it just looked like yours were connected tosomething. Thanks again bud

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
09/25/09 06:51 AM

No problem and good luck

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
03/15/10 06:38 PM

what color are the wires that should go to a SLIMLINE fan? My fan is on all the time and its hooked up blue to blue, black to black. I want it to turn off and on not just be on all the time.

BoostedAWD91
(Senior Member)
03/15/10 08:19 PM

i wired up my two fans through a relay to a switch so i can control how long and when they come on.

Are you fans wired to a switch or just directly to the battery? sounds like its wired up to a constant power therefore never turning off

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.003 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page