**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
09/14/07 06:01 AM
HELP! i need detailed instructions for doing COP setup

can somebody here who has done a successful COP setup help me? specifically, i need a detailed guide to follow. i've removed my coils and after reading the thread in the how to section there's still a few questions in my head. first of all, do i still retain the stock coils or can they be removed completely?

if i'm right, from the pics only the 3 wires going to the stock coils are used and the coils themselves are by-passed.
another thing is i bought coils from a nissan QG15 engine and i wonder if they'll do the job. here are the coils i've got next to the VR4 ones.

CP
(Still lingering, kinda like a chili and beer fart)
09/14/07 06:25 AM
Re: HELP! i need detailed instructions for doing COP setup

The stock coilpack is not used with the COP setup. Contact Boostx; he makes a plug and play kit and can probably help you out.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
09/14/07 06:32 AM

ok, thanks a lot for your help!

boostedinaz
(Fatty McButterpants)
09/14/07 08:22 AM

That wiring diagram is all you need. Cut the plug off the stock coils and leave about 3 inches of wire on it. Then wire up the coil according to that diagram. You now have a nice COP setup.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
09/14/07 09:24 AM

sweet, thanks for all your help guys, will update once its done!

swe_gvr4_1991
(Member)
10/24/07 12:16 PM

did it work?

boostedinaz
(Fatty McButterpants)
10/24/07 01:46 PM

It should. That is the wiring diagram I used when I had to rewire the COP setup on my Talon.

swe_gvr4_1991
(Member)
10/25/07 01:59 AM

cool! good to save as future reference. :-)

curtis
(Space Blanket from NASA plumbed into the attic)
10/25/07 02:41 PM

Not sure if it will work or not. And yes your welcome thats my drawing above......Those aren't intrepid coils but bike denso sticks coils. Are they 2 wire or 3 wire coils?

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
10/28/07 09:47 AM

i havent done anything yet, cos i've been told 3-wire coils don't work for the setup and mine unfortunately are 3-wire ones. how do 3-wire ones work compared to 2-wire ones? i'm guessing the 3rd wire acts as a trigger of some sort? i'm really keen on this project so if anybody has any input, please chime in. thanks in advance...

mysticj
(Newbie)
10/30/07 06:21 PM

with a three wire plug: one wire is power(+12V), one is ground(-), and and the other is a trigger.

just wire it like the intrepid diagraph and ground each coil to the engine or a common grounding point i.e. an ignition equalizer.

curtis
(Space Blanket from NASA plumbed into the attic)
10/31/07 06:49 AM

Some of the coils the third wire is a ground and others are a trouble code to the ecu.

Being the bike stick coils I would guess there grounds.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
11/05/07 12:31 PM

i see. hmm, i will try that out soon and get back to you guys with the results. wish me luck and thanks a lot people!

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.003 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page