BlackHornet
(Newbie)
07/06/20 09:34 PM
Factory "boost gauge" signal?

Hey guys, bought vr4 not running and as I am making progress on getting it back up and going, I am planning ahead for some future things.

One question I have is, what kind of signal does the stock boost gauge get? I know that ECMLink can be used to change the gauge other things besides boost, like knock count.

From reading, it is my understanding that the 6 LEDs cannot be split up to show 2 different things and so I assume it can only have one input signal. So, does it operate off of a 0-1v signal?

I have tried searching and it appears as if the only returns that I get are people saying that its a terrible boost gauge.

Thanks!

tektic
(Senior Member)
07/10/20 11:42 AM
Re: Factory "boost gauge" signal?

5v signal but controlled by a scale encoded in ecu.

BlackHornet
(Newbie)
07/19/20 10:03 PM

gotcha, thanks! I was wondering how exactly it functioned

Galant_martin
(Junior Member)
12/23/20 07:48 AM

Is there any way to test this boost gauge? I want to use this in my EU Galant, but i dont find many informations about this thing.
There is one wire missing from my ECU connector (PIN3 Turbo Gauge), but are there other things what i need to change?

Thanks

AllanL
(Heal and Toe)
01/12/21 07:46 PM

supply max 5V to corresponding meter panel for the boost gauge.

if you have a variable resistor, use it to regulate the 5v signal to check each boost gauge LED.

Galant_martin
(Junior Member)
01/13/21 06:11 AM

Thank you. I will try that. I use Pin 23 from the ecu (maf Supply 5V).

EDIT

I tried it and all led‘s are working;) thx

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page