diambo4life
(Member)
07/15/19 11:07 AM
Radiator Fan Configuration Change

Hi, I am wondering whether anyone here has wired their radiator fan to be "always on" with the car running and how you accomplished this? I have a very unreliable trigger for the fan (stock setup) and I just want to rewire the fan to this spec so I do not have to worry about whether it's on or not. The car has a SPAL fan with AFCO radiator setup. No issues whatsoever running hot unless the fan doesn't turn on when it's supposed to.

thomcasey
(I ain't no puny human)
07/16/19 04:51 AM
Re: Radiator Fan Configuration Change

Just use a standard relay to trigger the power from a key-on connection. VFAQ.com has it on the DSM site, under Electrical.

brisvr4
(Oceania Distict Enforcer for the Galant VR4 Mafia)
07/16/19 06:30 AM

I recall that there is a wire running to a temp sensor on the rear of the thermostat housing that will turn the fans on permanently if you ground it?

diambo4life
(Member)
07/16/19 05:12 PM

I will do that. Since like an easy way to get it done. Thanks.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
07/16/19 07:01 PM

Quoting brisvr4:

I recall that there is a wire running to a temp sensor on the rear of the thermostat housing that will turn the fans on permanently if you ground it?

Yup. You can intercept either the regular fan wire or the AC fan wire (which kicks on both fans). Both turn on the fan if pulled to ground. This is how the fans are controlled via ECMlink if you use it.

brisvr4
(Oceania Distict Enforcer for the Galant VR4 Mafia)
07/16/19 11:02 PM

Mark, the fact that we both knew that proves just how old we both are now!

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
07/17/19 12:30 AM

Yeah, we're getting old fosho.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.003 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page