MitsuDriver274
(Member +)
06/21/18 10:01 PM
Fuel filler hose

After sitting for quite some time, I filled up the tank in my VR4. Was welcomed the next morning with a pool of gasoline under the car.

The replacement hose is now discontinued, I did not have any luck finding a new hose. I was able to piece something together, figured I'd share what I was able to cobble up.

41MM Molded 90
41MM Molded 45
41MM Coupler

Used my old hose as a reference to cut the new hose, used the old zip tie mark as a reference for the splice.

New hose fits very well.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
06/21/18 11:43 PM
Re: Fuel filler hose

Nice work! That's sure to help out some people in need of the filler hose.

idreamidrive
(Member +)
06/22/18 08:09 AM

Thank you for this. I was dreading the day it would come to this, but now I have no worries.

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
06/22/18 08:29 AM

mooserage
(New Title)
06/22/18 02:04 PM

Great write-up! Definitely going to help a lot of people. I know mine is almost there...

slugsgomoo
(god hates stupid people)
06/22/18 03:18 PM

I love that after all the years of people suggesting this when it happened, not only did someone do it, but took detailed pictures to help future folks. Nice work

trevstuh86
(Newbie)
06/22/18 08:30 PM

Thank you. I noticed mine is cracked at the bottom and this came at the right time before I come off from jsb.

IncorpoRatedX
(I'm an idiot...)
06/23/18 05:09 PM

Thank you for this.

Nickafer
(Newbie)
08/17/19 07:55 PM

I love you so much right now! Thank you!

makedollarz
(Member +)
11/03/19 11:12 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. Im bringing 202 back to life and this was the first problem i came across after sitting for so long...

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
11/04/19 01:34 PM

I didn't think of this earlier, but as the failure of the original hose is basically (those I have seen) cracking at the lower elbow (left end of the original hose in the pictures above), you could just splice a 90* elbow to the original hose in the same manner with the joint.

Just another thought.

makedollarz
(Member +)
11/06/19 11:27 PM

Mine was leaking from the lower elbow as you mentioned. I guess i could have got away with just replacing the lower portion i didnt think about that either. Parts will be here tomorrow.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page