celm
(Junior Member)
04/01/18 10:06 AM
ZR4 Misfire issue

I had my 89 ZR4 with cyclone motor detailed and now has a miss fire , I knew it was probably from water. I was going to change the plugs and wires anyway , so I did that and cyl 1 and 2 aren't really firing. if you put a plug in the wire of 1 and 2 and ground it the plug sparks ,seems like the plug isn't sparking when its screwed into the head. I didn't cross the wires as I removed 1 wire at a time and replaced with new one , for shits and giggles I did a compression test and got 160 across the board . Any ideas or where to check next

bradrs
(Member)
04/02/18 11:02 PM
Re: ZR4 Misfire issue

unplug the power transistor connector and coil pack connectors, make sure everything is dried out in there. I've had a little water get into the back of the power transistor, and it cause some shorts.

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
04/03/18 06:51 AM

Also, it bears mentioning (although hopefully you checked this being in the spark plug wells), but make sure there is no water at the bottom of those.

celm
(Junior Member)
04/04/18 07:16 PM

thanks for the post

end up being fuel issue as sediment was sucked in, it was just coinincident it happened when it was getting detailed. now going to drop tank and clean it, new fuel pump,, fuel filter and inj

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page