boosted_85
(Member)
12/22/11 03:10 PM
cold start problems

Lately when starting 1320 in the mornings the car will act like its in limp mode. Will not rev pass 2500 rpm regardless of how much gas I give it. I've done a boost leak test, change isc, got a rebuilt tb and still have the same problem. The rebuilt tb has the fiav blocked off with a blockoff plate. This didn't happen last winter with the old tb and fiav blockoff. The problems goes away right when the car reaches operation temp and you can hear a slight click( like a relay clicking) and car revs up fine and drives fine after that. Only mods are keydriver chip for 2g mas, 650 fic injectors,evo 9 fuel pump, turboback and b16g.

Any ideas

vtecds1
(linkfail)
12/22/11 04:40 PM
Re: cold start problems

Can I safely assume you're running E85? I've heard some people have problems starting the car in the cooler months.

boosted_85
(Member)
12/22/11 05:08 PM

no, I'm running 93 gas and the car is stored in my shop which is heated @60 and does this at all cold starts as of lately.

vtecds1
(linkfail)
12/22/11 06:10 PM

Sorry, the 85 threw me off.

Is the check engine on and do you have a logger? Sometimes the coolant temp sensor can give you problems when they start to go bad.

Xcelerate
(Junior Member)
12/24/11 05:18 PM

Check your connection to the coolant temp or replace the coolant temp. That's one of the symptoms of inaccurate coolant temp

boosted_85
(Member)
12/24/11 10:08 PM

checked and replace the coolant temp sensor with a oem one and it still does the same thing. Car threw a cel but wasn't store in the ecu because code reader didn't pick it up.

transparentdsm
(I have to say something dumb Member)
12/25/11 06:42 AM

BISS o-ring?? could be a little hole or dry rotted and when she warms up the hole leaves.

89Mirageman
(It's no Mirage, man)
12/25/11 05:39 PM

Can you borrow a known good ecu? This is normally the first thing I check on any older Mitsubishi.

boosted_85
(Member)
12/26/11 06:10 PM

Swapped out the coolant temp sensor with another one, changed ecus and changed out keydriver chips and still same problems. Sucks waiting 15 mins everytime engine is warm. Going to swap out the maf so see if that's the problem.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.004 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page