holeshotmoe
(subclass marmoreus)
07/28/05 12:07 PM
WTB: Alternator Bolt Set

I need the mounting bolts/washers/nuts (pivot, tensioner, etc). I can get all except the tensioner nut (MD133152) from a local jobber. Havent tried a dealer yet...figured I'd help some of you folks clean house. I know someone has these spares in a box left over from a jdm or other motor swap. Why do I need them? Well my alternator just blew on my newly purchased vr4. There was only one bolt, yeah ONE, the one that locks it to the bracket. The tensioner and the long pivot bolt/nut sets were missing. Give the darwin award to the idiot who installed it like that. zip is 20653.

steveGalant VR4.org Administrator
(Key Fob Guy)
07/28/05 12:09 PM
Re: WTB: Alternator Bolt Set

moe I believe I have the adjustment arm/bracket whatever, you can have it I'll just have to check my glove box

holeshotmoe
(subclass marmoreus)
07/28/05 12:42 PM

That would be great. I have the bracket but I need the adjuster bolt/nut that slides on the bracket that you tighten to draw the belt taut.

(Key Fob Guy)
07/28/05 12:44 PM

Ah, sorry, I used those. Its just the bracket that I re-used the old one.

holeshotmoe
(subclass marmoreus)
07/28/05 12:56 PM

Aw, come on Steve! You don't need those. Just send em to me okay. Thanks for the offer though. I'm looking now to see if I can get a match on the p/n at some of the online mitsu parts lookup sites.....so far no joy. Just high end items. Anyone else got this laying around?

HertzGalant VR4.org Administrator
(OneTitle to rule them all.)
07/29/05 07:17 AM

I need that pivot stuff too... got part numbers? I have a slight smaller diameter SAE bolt in there now and it has a little too much play in it.

(Key Fob Guy)
07/29/05 08:00 AM

Not sure why there are 2 different #s listed for that one bolt. I'm not familiar enough with CAPS yet.

holeshotmoe
(subclass marmoreus)
07/29/05 09:03 AM

The 8x116 is for a 91gvr4 (and 90ggsx), the 8x118 is for a 92gvr4. Don't know why, 2mm is about 0.078 inches, maybe 1 thread. BTW, I emailed Tallahassee (FL) Mitsu for a price on the nut for the tensioner setup (MD133152): $2.41 but special order. Guess I'm gonna get the other stuff from the hardware store and order this weird shaped tensioner nut from mitsu on Monday. If anyone knows a dealer with it in stock let me know cause there's no telling how long "special order" will take.
Edit: Steve, how'd you get CAPS to put the p/n's in the pics. Mine shows the Part Name Code (PNC) instead. Its ver 3.41. Old?

(Key Fob Guy)
07/29/05 09:42 AM

I had to manually put those PN's in. IMO its the way it should work in the first place, but I guess it was easier to not have to worry about getting the superseded #s to dynamically pull into the picture.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.003 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page