Previously owned and built by Harry Blanchard
1992 Galant VR4
More pictures here...
Dyno Day Video
Volk Wheel info... click here.
Suspension details are here...
Pitures and text by Harry Blanchard
Performance & Driveline modifications:
* HKS 272/272 intake and exhaust camshafts
* Forrester ported head with over sized valves, titanium retainers, springs, etc.
* AMS built and O-ringed bottom end including JE, Ross, and ARP products
* Moroso aluminum oil pan
* TMO/Keydiver Chip stage III with raised rev limiter
* 4 bolt rear end with LSD
* Extrude Honed USDM spec intake manifold
* ThreeSpeed Stainless Steel Scatter Shield (SSSS)
* ACT 2600 clutch
* Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
* TRE and NTP Ã¢â‚¬Å“builtÃ¢â‚¬Â transmission
* Quaife front and center LSD units
* K&N air filter from a Mustang filter charger kit.
* HKS VPC with 550 chip and Apexi S-AFC
* Stainless steel clutch line
* Paxton fuel pressure regulator, filters, and pump with custom bracketing.
* ND 660 injectors
* -10 and -8 Braided fuel lines, modified fuel rail, and an hand made aluminum fuel cell.
* ThreeSpeed 3" aluminum lower and stainless upper intercooler pipes and hand formed aluminum sheet metal curved end tanks using a Spearco 2-197 bar and plate intercooler core.
* AGP T3/T4 Garrett turbo (60-1)
* Cast iron T3 exhaust manifold
* 35 mm Tial external wastegate
* ThreeSpeed 3" o2 eliminator
* 3" press bent steel exhaust with Magna flow muffler
* HKS SSBOV
* HKS EVC EZ
* HKS turbo timer
* Aluminum radiator and Spal 1400 CFM cooling fan
* EBC Red brake pads, cad plated slotted rotors, SS brake lines
* 90 DSM spec external air oil cooler
* Short shift using 3000gt parts and the MACH V Symborski shifter bushing kit.
Suspension/handling modifications, Exterior/Interior modifications:
* Tein HA Coilovers and pillow mounts (aligned and corner weighted)
* 3278lbs dry
* Greddy front and ThreeSpeed rear strut tower bars
* Volk Racing CE28N 17 x 8.5 wheels
* SSR Integral 17 x 7 polished wheels (no tires currently)
* 225 45 17 S02 pole position tires
* Whiteline sway bars and bushing through out.
* Optima battery mounted in trunk in custom floor enclosure
* 6 point NHRA cage with swing-outs
* RCI 5 point harnesses (OEM seat recovered for crotch slot)
* AWS and ABS removed
* Momo steering wheel
* Shaved fuel door and emblems
* Carbon fiber hood with Carbon fiber JDM vent replicas and Sparco hood pins
* JDM clear corner lights
* Autometer Carbon fiber Oil pressure, A/F, fuel pressure, and 35 psi boost gauges with a Greddy EGT w/ dual probes
* Stereo consists of Sony and Soundstream. (Never on)
* Leather carbon fiber tooled trunk linings
* Vanity plate 3of1000
* Polished vanity spark plug cover (3of1000) with MACHV.com stainless hardware
* Custom floor mats
* Custom paint (miles deep)
* Window tint
I am finally updating this with a list of mods and maintenance items that I have added over the last few years.
HKS timing belt
OEM timing components and water pump
ShepTrans stage 2
new transfer case
all new/rebuilt axles
Moroso oil pan with -8 XRP drain tube
'90 oil filter housing with B&M oil cooler and XRP fittings/hoses
Fluidampr crank pulley with ARP bolts
Precision Chassis Works water pipe
radiator upgraded with XRP -20 fittings and hoses (PCW)
HKS radiator cap
ECM Tuning V3 Lite with speed density software tuned on E85 by wingzperformance.com
FIC 1050cc injectors
new Autometer -30-30 psi boost gauge
Paulo custom one piece a-pillar dual gauge pod
TitanMotorsports/BoostLogic turbo blanket
SPAL low profile curved blade puller fan
Tunersnation shifter bushings
HiRev JDM replica carbon fiber hood with gold foil heat barrier and Aerocatch safety latches
all hot pipes and exhaust mani wrapped with ThermoTec heat wrap
Precision Chassis Works V band exhaust upgrade
Precision Chassis Works intake pipe with new K&N filter
rebuilt TB from www.throttlebodys.com
new IAC motor
new o2 sensor
new knock sensor
EGR blockoff plate
Samco IC couplers
NGK plugs and wires
Prothane engine mounts
Greddy strut tower bar ends, ps and wp pullies beadblasted and painted black
various new OEM nuts and bolts, new vacuum lines, gaskets, new fuel filter elements, appropriate bungs added etc
Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.
Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page