The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

yay or nay

turbowop

Quoting cheekychimp:

Found this picture too. Can't understand why you never liked this. Maybe you just needed to paint it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That AMG replica looked good from a distance, but I really didn't like it up close. I also don't really like the way it mounts as it isn't very factory looking when the hood is up.

After looking at it some more, I feel the problem with the Eterna grill just lies with the diamond star. When I mentally block that thing out of view, it instantly looks better, IMO. I'll yank it and paint it black. Completely removing the part behind it would be a rather large undertaking that I don't feel like paying for. At that point, I'd just keep the '92 grill on there and be happy. I do like the way the slats look in the '92 as well, since as said already, they flow well with the intercooler tubes.

turbowop

Now that I think about it, it probably doesn't help that in that pic the sun is reflecting off the silver paint on that emblem either. Regardless, I'll be painting it anyway.

jepherz

Staff member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, my favorite would be a 92 grill with the 91 mesh. In any case, I'd vote for the 92.

14u2nV

Maybe if you painted a stripe across the I/C to give it a "break" like the grill does, it would match better, like the 92 does already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

NateCrisman

92 all the way.

JSchleim18

I like both...then again I have both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I really can't pick

Whoodoo

I vote eterna. Is the emblem on there just painted silver, or is that a shiny silver one from an evo stuck on there or something? My eterna grill has the emblem removed so all thats left is a flat black plastic piece.

I know its not a great pic, or a great comparison for that matter. But if you'll notice, with the emblem removed, it doesn't protrude past the middle slat. Maybe that would look better?

GIjoe

Eterna FTW! (If you want to sell your 92 grill, let me know, ok? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif )

Last edited:

turbowop

Okay, I pulled the emblem and painted it black yesterday. Looks much better.

944bae59eb7b0e3.jpg

4Grim

I am diggin both grilles as I am looking for a Eterna grille myself.

The eterna grille in black looks alot better though.

Much like you though..I would be torn and probably just keep both and install either one of them depending on mood.

turbowop

Quoting raptorreed:
It does, whats up with your headlights though?

Yellow bulbs in the highbeams. It's just reflecting weird in the housings in that pic.

Tre3zy

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting raptorreed:
It does, whats up with your headlights though?

Yellow bulbs in the highbeams. It's just reflecting weird in the housings in that pic.

look sick.. for a minute there it looks like you have halo high beams /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts