The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTT:My D2 Coilovers for your ???

Hoping to trade the D2s on the car for something that will give me a little more height. Maybe H&R springs and KYBs? Whatcha got?

turbowop

I've got some GC coilover sleeves with GVR4 specific springs on 503. The front are on KYB GR2's and the rears are on stock shocks. The rears were on AGX's until one blew out and I used the old stockers to get by. I'm sure you'd love to do a straight up trade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I can't get the car as low as I want with them, but I can make it super high, as seen in the below pic:

For reference, those tires are huge 205/70r15 and the car almost towers over them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This is as low as I can get it now:

Lemme know if you're interested and wanna work something out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And for what it's worth, I have a spare BNIB set of Tein camber plates for the front.

Last edited:

thecman02

I have a set of KYB AGX's on the rare WHITELINE Springs. It's about an 1" drop from factory. Good ride though.

dsm10o0

Got a set of evo8 suspensions on tien lowering spring. Rides way better then my old agx/h&are setup.

Quoting turbowop:
I'm sure you'd love to do a straight up trade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif
And for what it's worth, I have a spare BNIB set of Tein camber plates for the front.

Yeah, sure. They're worth about the same when you add the camber plates, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

How terrible was the handling at that height?

Does anyone else have some experience with the Evo shocks and springs mentioned above? I'd love to see some pics of that setup.

Quoting thecman02:
I have a set of KYB AGX's on the rare WHITELINE Springs. It's about an 1" drop from factory. Good ride though.

Do you have any pictures of your car on these?

turbowop

Quoting 1793:
Quoting turbowop:
I'm sure you'd love to do a straight up trade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif
And for what it's worth, I have a spare BNIB set of Tein camber plates for the front.

Yeah, sure. They're worth about the same when you add the camber plates, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

How terrible was the handling at that height?

Does anyone else have some experience with the Evo shocks and springs mentioned above? I'd love to see some pics of that setup.

Handling wasn't horrible, but I wasn't exactly cornering hard with the car when driving through snow on the way to the ski areas.

4Grim

I got gc coilovers with kybs and front tein camber plates. Looking to switch my suspension setup eventually but if you are interested we can work something out.

The coilovers are stuck at this height since the previous owner I bought these from failed to mention the sleeves on a couple coilovers threads are worn down not allowing adjusting. You could get new sleeves but the height set on them are quite nice.

This is how the car sits with them.
PB030312.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks, but I'm trying to go higher with it. Yours looks like it's sitting at the same height I am now.

GSTwithPSI

Newer KYB AGX adjustable struts with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. 8 way adjustable in the rear, 4 way in the front. Ride is good and handling is fair on the stiffer settings. Around a 1.5 inch drop all the way around the car. These are the best pics I have click . I could trade you with some cash on my end to even the deal. My question is, why don't you just keep the D2s and adjust them up higher?

turbowop

Quoting 1793:
Watcha want for the GC coilover sleeves and TEIN camper plates?

They would have to go as a package with the strts and shocks, otherwise my car will be without suspension. PM me if you wanna work something out.

dsm10o0

Quoting 1793:

How my evo suspension currently sits on my car

They were originally from Tre3zy and brunoboy has rode in his car when he had it, also rode in mines as well.
380762_396031443750006_100000294603263_1576074_1843950126_n.jpg

photo-41.jpg

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Yes , we've all had Evo suspension. I have to vouch for nico though, these are a really nice setup for comfort, Stance and occasional twisties.

thecman02

Here's a pic of the car with the whitelines.

img.php

Also have some BNIB Tein Camber Plates I been meaning to throw on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned