The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Windshield wiper parts

gtluke

I haven't taken mine apart yet to see exactly what I need, but my passenger side wiper drive is real lose. I need the nub that sticks up to outside the car and whatever is attached to it underneath the cowl. I'll buy the whole mechanism if you have it. I don't need the motor though, but will take it in a package.
Let me know what you have and how much shipped to 07004
-Luke

GSX_TC

I might be able to get this for you if somebody else doesn't chime in

gtluke

Crap, I haven't looked. Is the passenger side the primary drive and the driver side use linkage?

a2vr4

Good thing you said something, I just did a parts search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif You are correct the motor is on the passenger side, and there is linkage that drives both wipers.
img.php

HERE is another thread on here about the linkage, Iceman has a good tip: Quote:
One of two things has happened: You stripped the splines off the drive stud, or you had a loose wiper arm and now the splines on the stud have carved out too big a taper in the wiper arm. Check the stud. If the splines are ok, you need to replace the wiper arm.

Now, there is a small access panel on the drivers side right next to the wiper arm

Through there you can see the end of the linkage

I did a bit of online searching for any linkage parts and only came up with clips and bushings, so it looks like a junkyard or someone on here are your options for sourcing the part.
~Brian A. Moreno

gtluke

hmm,
I can tighten down mine just fine, even with the wiper arm off you can grab the stud and wobble it around. I guess I have to pull it apart before I figure out which part I need.
My problem is that since the stud is moving, the arm doesn't press as hard as it should on the arm, and onto the windshield.

But I definitely don't need the motor, I just need the linkage that goes up to the passenger side, or the whole thing.

gtluke

anyone? anyone? I just want to buy the whole mechanism that's under the cowl.

GSX_TC

I can get it for you but I still don't know which part u need. Can u take another pic and circle which part you need?

gtluke

finally had a minute to take it out. It's the drive for the passenger side wiper. popes out pretty easy from the 3 bolts holding it to the cowl and the rod driving it from the motor, and the rod going over to the driver side version of this.
IMG_20111118_143706.jpg

IMG_20111118_143713.jpg

GSX_TC

alright so thats the piece you need, what part am i checking on it to see if its not broken like yours?

gtluke

The top picture you can see how it wore away completely through itself.
I THINK I caused this, I moved my wipers so they parked really low and they slightly tapped the hood, and kinda clunked when set on high. I think it caused that damage over 12 years. haha
I doubt yours are damaged.

GSX_TC

Alright then, the next time i go to the junk yard i'll get that for you, but untill then let me know if you get one so i dont end up with something i dont need.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned