The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Transmission - good shape (TRE/Shep/Rebuilt)

JCorbo25

Would like to spend $550 including shipping for a TRE/Shep, $250-$350 for a stock one with no grinding.

My tranny is shot. Must also fit the stock transfercase or include a transfercase. Also, front/rear axles in good shape.

Let me know what you have, I'm located in the Bay Area and could drive for the right one.

raptorWagon

When you say stock, you might want to specify if you 22 or 23 spline. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JCorbo25

Crap, after a quick search, it appears that most GVR4s came with 23 spline transfer cases but there are some 22 spline ones. Impossible to tell by case design and you have to pull it out to inspect.

I guess I'll have to yank mine and check.

broxma

I do not mean this in a mean spirited way at all, but good luck finding a shep/TRE trans for your price point.

That being said, I have a 2G(Best possible)TRE stage 3 tranny with 3K since rebuild. Triple your price point and we can talk. These tranny's are 2700.00 from TRE. Getting one for 500.00 wouldn't be a "steal", you'd have to actually steal it.

/brox

524of1000

With all due respect, just the gear set alone is in the $550 range. click

JCorbo25

I understand your perspectives, but I've seen 2-3 TRE/Shep trannies sell for less than $600 recently.

This is why I'm not interested in doing a rebuilt on mine that probably needs new gears and tons of work. I have a local DSM guru that would do a basic rebuild (with double synchros) for $550 (parts/labor), but when you add in shift forks and possibly other broken/worn items it could easy approach $1,000 + 2-4+ weeks down time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned