The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: transfer case

Dahcrow92

I need a new or used 23 spline transfer case. The new transmission I ordered from TRE came as a 23 spline when it was a 22 spline set up. So rather waist more money on shipping it back and looking for a new transmission. A transfer case would be easiest. If anybody can help out that would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

pot

Staff member
Actually, your best and cheapest option is to purchase an output shaft. You should be able to purchase one for somewhere in the neighborhood of $65.00 - $85.00 shipped to your door. You could try giving JNZ tuning a call or any other tuner shop for a used unit.

NateCrisman

I should have both Xcase output shafts and both Xcase on hand, with 22 and 23. Agree, that's the cheapest solution, although swapping the Xcase itself is technically "easier" since that has to come off either way, and swapping the output shaft is a minor pita with having to drain the trans, open the case, and pull the viscous coupling off (which is often really stuck!). The Xcase is like $50 more expensive than the output shaft...BUT....it's less work and you don't have to drain the trans or silicone seal the case back on.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

thomcasey

He is in Alaska, so shipping of a xfer case would be very expensive compared to an output shaft.

NateCrisman

yeah missed the AK part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Dahcrow92

Thankfully I was able to find a t-case from Tim Zimmerman at TMZ performance! Thanks for the help guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts