The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: rear steer hard lines bolted to body

Beemer

Well, the news is that #1244 is running again after a ten year hiatus due to an exploding fram oil filter on the track. what I didn't count on was RUST from sitting INSIDE my shop. Turns out I'd have been better off leaving it outside, I think. Condensation made so much scale rust on everything steel or cast iron it is simply unbelievable! My problem right now is the hard lines for the rear steer. the innermost line (which I THINK must be pressure, since the fuel injection hose I bolted down after cutting the split rusted section out keeps blowing off even when secured with two hose clamps) are all rotted where they turn UP to go over the rear axle. I'd happily splice in new line, but I can't find the correct diameter line (I'd rather use compression fittings than try to double flare that old line anyway). But if anyone has the lines and wants to get rid of them, both those and the (I'm assuming) 2 brake lines running next to them are corroded pretty badly, but only the very inside line broke thru and bled out (I swear I thought of the RUSH song that goes "My life's blood, spills over...." from the 2112 album.

I'm still in the market for a back window for 1244 as well, so if anyone on the east coast has one, I'll be heading your way sometime in the spring or right after school gets out in the summer (I have a cabin cruiser up in Brick NJ that I have to work on as well, haven't started it since before sandy and she got hit pretty hard)

Thanks and let me know...

Dave

Beemer

Give me your address. I'm heading out to Brick NJ to work on my cabin cruiser and should be in Brick by the 9th (barring the dodge taking a massive crap at least)

Let me know, and thanks!

Dave Beem

turbofonz

I'm not sure if any of this will be help to you, but I laugh every time when I look at them. They're SO clean. terrible pic:

There may be more around, I have to look. All the grime comes off for the most part.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts