The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: LOOKING FOR AUTO SWAP PARTS

Nebraska

Hello there,
I was curious if someone could direct me to someone who may be sitting on a stash of auto parts. Looking into auto swapping the galant and very motivated
I need:
W4A33 transmission
J1H rear differential
Front axles including intermediate shaft
Transfer case
Tranny mount (could someone clarify that the auto transmission mount is similar but different than 1G/Gvr4 M/T? Maybe it’s just the 2gs that mount completely different?)

I know it’s a long shot but also looking for an automatic shifter that would fit my console? Maybe someone stole it from a lower trim model?

Thanks!
You guys truly are part of a unique community!

Last edited:

DailyDSM

Depending on what options you're left with, I have the rear differential and axles(3 bolt) from an auto Galant GSX (2.846). Shipping cost might be an issue but I'll let the parts go for cheap if they'll be any use to you.

Nebraska

I don’t believe that would work as I need the 3.307 ratio rear end. Really kicking myself for selling my 3 bolt out my galant after the 4 bolt swap
Diffs that I can use;
•J1G
•J1A
•J1H
•J2B (GGSX)

I have had offers for a 2g tranny and diff…has anyone tried this in the galant? Maybe you know a guy, and can help a guy, help a guy?

Last edited:

Nebraska

Also interested in hearing about shifter options for auto galants, I see I can still buy a new shifter cable

Nebraska

Okay long shot here, but hear me out…could I use the guts of a 3.307 ratio pumpkin and swap them into my 4 bolt pumpkin thus keeping the stronger axles but maintaining the correct gear ratio for the auto swap?

Great news-found a tranny, t case and some other good auto parts AND IN TOWN thanks to great dsmer
Still need;
•auto shifter selector from automatic galant because the dsm one is different. eBay currently has a 93-96 shifter available and looks damn close but it’s $50…I ain’t gay but $50 is $50. Hesitant without knowing for sure.
•misc parts I’ll buy new from mitsu warehouse

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Bruce Kwartler has a GGSX auto shifter assembly for sale on Facebook. It might just be on the local page but just message him.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Nebraska:</font><hr />
Okay long shot here, but hear me out…could I use the guts of a 3.307 ratio pumpkin and swap them into my 4 bolt pumpkin thus keeping the stronger axles but maintaining the correct gear ratio for the auto swap?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I think this can work. The diff center section is the part where the axles insert (4 bolt spec), so you should be able to use the 3.307 ring gear and pinion with the 4 bolt housing and center section. The tricky part is getting the pinion preloads etc. set up and the backlash and tooth patterns all correct.

I did the reverse earlier this year (put an LSD diff into a 3-bolt case using existing ring gear, so no disturbing the pinion). This is easier, only requiring shimming to set the gear pattern. I was able to mix and match the shims from the two diffs I had to get it set correctly.

Nebraska

That’s great info, thanks man!
Fortunately I found an auto 4 bolt pumpkin through my local contacts.

As for this Bruce fella, I do not have Facebook…could someone help a guy, help a guy?

Thanks!

Nebraska

Bump…looking for someone who may know Bruce K mentioned a few post before this?

boostme

Are you going to use a shift box or the stock tcu? I'm also working on a autoswap. You can also use a 3G eclipse shifter. Might be cheaper than the $50 1G shifter if you can get one at the junkyard.

lowcashleblanc

A auto trans and transfer case is on DSMtuners right now. Unless it has already sold.

EDIT: looks like it’s already gone

Last edited:

Nebraska

I have read a few articles about the 3g shifter. It’s a nice option considering the manual up/downshift option. However I prefer to keep the interior factory looking besides a mitsu tuner steering wheel and paddle shifter kit.
I’m pretty stoked for my auto swap. I decided to go with the 2g auto trans. I will be using a shift box with additional inputs.
My current shifter assembly situation is balancing on someone helping me find a ggsx shifter or forking up almost $200 for a Malaysian unit.

lowcashleblanc

The for sale ad for the 1g auto and transfer case popped up for me again. Not sure why is wasn’t there yesterday…

But I think I read you’re looking for a 2g unit. Disregard if so.

click

Nebraska

Anyone got a GGSX shifter yet? Getting really close to needing one!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts