The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Leather shift boot - VR6eater style...

blacksheep

Anyone have one laying around they would like to get rid of? I cannot stand the look of the stock one...Thanks!

EDIT - VR6Eater is a member who made many many boots for others...That was the style I liked the best.

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

I have made a Colt one fit in one of mine.
I think I might still have it laying around if you're interested..

VR6Eater

Maybe I can help you out. I tried logging in a couple days ago with my old info but some asshole must have deleted me for not being on here for 6 or 7 years...the nerve of some people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Since I was the one that sold them and the actually manufacturer of them still isn't smart enough to leave me I can probably go into production of them again. I don't remember what I used to charge, I'll have to check on the price of leather. If anyone is seriously interested I could start making them again. If that guy in Decatur sells me his car!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

blacksheep

WHAT THE HELL? WELCOME BACK, MAN!

Yes, I am interested in one or two. I know Jeremy wants 2.

We met last when I came over to WI and met Ducktape, you etc...Damn, how many years ago was that?

VR6Eater

I think the car was wrecked then so 2004? Wife t-boned some kid eight months into her pregnancy and that kid will be 9 years old shortly!!! Let me talk to the wife and see what I can do.

VR6Eater

I just asked if she kept the patterns and she said she almost threw them out last week when she was going through her sewing stuff. She kept them though.

blacksheep

Dude - I just picked up one from Jeremy last night to take to a local upholstery place. I would rather see the money go to you - So, do check with the wife and get back to us. I thought it was like 35 bux, I could be wrong, though.

VR6Eater

I think it was 30 shipped. Looks like I have enough for 3 or 4. She will have to go to the fabric store and get needles and thread this week. I'll have her run in and get the stuff she needs and hopefully by the end of the weekend she can have a couple done for you. She's working again now so I won't be able to do 2 day turn around like before.

blacksheep

Don't need a 2 day turn around, make it more realistic since it is handmade to order. I would suggest a batch of 5 to start then, if she made these and posted pics, it will get people going. You can consider 4 of those sold.

We can do a bigger buy - A lot of people who have not known you may be skeptical at first, but I can gladly vouch for you and do a write-up for one. Just let me know how I can help.

Thanks for doing this!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
This thread is like the stars aligning,

First KC buys a car, then Sean says he is looking for one. If you come to Decatur to get the car, you'll have to stop by. I could go look at it for you possibly if you want.

You might remember I bought the driveshaft from your car.

VR6Eater

Yeah I remember you. If you live near Decatur that could save me a wasted trip if he gets back to me. See what happens.
I'll have her make up some of the boots for you blacksheep. I'll let you know when they are done. I'll see if I can find the original post for the pics.

turbowop

I still have a VR6eater boot in 1051. Excellente quality!

944a91dca7d2837.jpg

VR6Eater

Thanks. Glad it's still doing it's job after 8 or 9 years.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting VR6Eater:
If you live near Decatur that could save me a wasted trip if he gets back to me. See what happens.

I am about an hour north of Decatur. Just went there last weekend for the first time in years.

I buy one, if you make them amd have one ready to ship let me know and I'll paypal you the money.
my number: 605-651-3175

Thanks,

Zach

blacksheep

Sean - Start building them, I am guessing they will sell like hotcakes. I can post pics of the one Jeremy just gave me that looks to be in great condition after all these years.

Like Wop said, the 1G boot is almost pleathery and smooth/shiny. The boot here is more grainy, thick and looks like better quality leather.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts