The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Hood for 1991 vr4

Need a summit white hood for a 1991 VR4...

I assume that a standard galant hood will fit correct?

GSX_TC

Somebody is selling a white hood in the for sale section man

GSX_TC

somebody else was sellin another white one around here too

Does the Cf look pretty good? clear coat isn't destroyed etc? How much do you want for it shipped? Is it just a straight OEM Hood? Do you have any pics?

I found one on craigslist with the evo style drop down to let air out of the engine compartment, but the "kid" says daddy can't find a shipping company that will ship it... I throw the BS flag cuz I've seen my company ship a 50,000 lb machine from Italy...

I think I'd rather just have an OEM hood... But apperently all of the early 90's non turbo galants were scrapped long ago...

GSX_TC

I'd stick wit an OEM steel hood man, that way you can use the factory latch and not have to use hood pins. ever think about getttin a JDM Vented hood?

really at this point I would take just about any hood I can find lol. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a JDM hood if it was remotely cheap... I won't drop $600 on a stinkin hood... I'll bang on it for a long time with a hammer and get it presentably straight and bondo it before I'd spend huge buck replacing it... I just have to keep the car in perspective... It cost me $2000, REALLY hard to justify spending anywhere near 50% for a hood... I thought about buying a whole talon tsi parts car for $1500, then i would have back up parts of EVERY sort if anything went bad...

Do you have any connections for a JDM hood?

boosted_85

You can come up to Milwaukee, WI and pick up a free Nile black hood. It has the usual rust on the leading edge which can ne easily be taken care of. Looks a lot better than the one you have now. Lmk

GSX_TC

I can get another JDM Vented hood but it'll cost atleast 6 bills man and I doubt you wanna spend that for a hood.

Any chance you'd ship, lol... I'd pay shipping plus $50 to make it worth your time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As long as the rust is surface rust and not a through and through nastiness anyway

I was hoping to stay under $300 for the hood if at all possible, mainly because I know there are going to be other things coming up soon...

I found a blue standard galant hood for $125 about 150 miles from here, so with gas in the truck that comes close to $200... Is there any differences in the VR4 versus a standard galant?

GSX_TC

I think they are the same

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned