The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Harness Bar

Number680

I think at some point I saw that someone was selling a bar that mounts to the B pillar to attach harnesses to. I'm unable to find the thread right now. Can someone point me in the right direction, or if someone has one they're willing to sell, let me know. I found the one from Three Speed for $265, but if I remember correctly, the one I saw on here was like $50.

turbowop

The one from Threespeed is the only one I'm aware of, and what I have in my car. I'm not so sure I'd trust a $50 harness bar with my life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

slugsgomoo

What Mark said, I've bought my second one at this point (since I sold my first one to him actually), it's extremely solidly built and you're talking about what you're attaching your seatbelt to-

Cut corners somewhere else, seatbelts, tires and brakes aren't one of the places cheapskating should happen.

Number680

Yeah I'm not trying to sacrifice something that works for price. But what I was talking about what something someone on the forum was custom making. I would assume two pieces of flat steel and a bar welded together wouldn't be very expensive as far as materials go. I don't care if it's raw metal and not painted or anything.

turbowop

The guy from Threespeed that makes these or has them made is Harry, a long time member of this forum and former owner of one of these cars.

Two pieces of flat steel and a bar may be cheap enough, but he had to spend the time to engineer the thing, yanno? I really don't think you can get the raw materials and welding labor done for 50 bucks, LOL. Unless you find some Chinese crap.

Number680

Well of course having something fabricated at a shop will be more than $50. But if you have an enthusiast selling something he's made to other members, they don't always do it to make money. What is Harry's screen name? Maybe it was a post from him I originally saw. The Three Speed bar looks a lot like what I remember seeing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned