The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: GVR4 rear window with defroster grid intact

Beemer

Seems that all the old users got booted off here..luckily my username wasn't taken. Anyway, I need a rear window for a GVR4, preferably with the rear window defroster grid intact. My son shot both front and rear windshields out of #1244 when he was a 6 year old (note to self, never leave anti-cat pellet gun where little boy can get to it, nor black spray paint for that matter..one day he and his best friend came inside and both were spray painted black from head to toe)

This happened back when Mark Kaufman was still alive (fogdarter here on this board) We were the guys who first made the 26mm rear sway bar that we CONTRACTED with whiteline to make 80 bars for us here on the board. Amazingly they kept the prototype and it suddenly appeared for sale on their website, after they whined and bitched about how a bar that big would make a solid axle out of the rear end. (yes, they're thieving assholes and they stole my design, patent notwithstanding.)

So if anyone has a parts car with a good rear window that lives in the Midwest, or somewhere around Brick NJ (where my cabin cruiser is laid up after getting pummeled by hurricane sandy), let me know. I also might need a gas tank if you have all the studs for the sending unit/pump intact and not rusty (one of mine snapped off while I was replacing the fuel pump)

Thanks, from the owner of 1244, 1420 and a white parts car to fix the very large dent in the front end of Mark Kaufman's old car (pics are from before the deer hit, and were taken by Mark just before he passed away in 2003 (which was rated the 2nd best totally stock GVR4 in the US..and that I hit a 300 pound doe with 3 blocks from my house while taking it to Kansas City for a show). Not very pretty now, but it still has just around 108k miles on it and the interior is still perfect, even the rear headrests! (the pics of the white GVR4 are #1420, #1244 is the black one. I'll post the pics of the big ass dent in mark's car later..they're on a different laptop) The pic of my 88 Supercharged MR2 is for your viewing pleasure..I've also got an 05 VW Golf GTI with 39k miles that has super low oil pressure for some reason..if anyone knows about this common problem, let me know..also won't shift into reverse (5 speed)

thomcasey

Nate has a TANK for sale, good studs.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome back Beemer. Two years or so of inactivity will get you unregistered. Nothing personal, just how it seems to work.

Good to see you are still taking care of the cars. White one looks great.

citymunky

I have 2 rear windshields in the attic. However I'm a bit far from NJ.

Beemer

Well, you're not that far away from I-80,which is the interstate I use to get from Iowa to NJ. I can't even find a 2wd galant in a junkyard around here. I saw a galant GSR, once, but that was about a month before my son shot the windows out of the car while it was in the shop (trust me, his little ass got warmed up for that, and even though he was six (and is now 15) he knows he'll be paying for the replacement.

My chief worry would be how the hell do you pack it so it won't break going home? My dodge is a one ton dually..not a Cadillac ride..lol.

Unfortunately it's looking like I won't get out to the boat again until next spring, unless this sh*t with the VA taking my entire disability check stops before the cold weather sets in.

Leaf fall is a bitch here at my house. We did 300 55 gallon trash bags last fall, and another 75 this spring. A lot of raking for a 54 year old guy. I THOUGHT that's what I had kids for, to take care of that kind of maintenance when I couldn't do it anymore. Ha, was I ever wrong. Now they just say "your house, your problem, dad. Cut the trees down if you don't like raking." Sure, I can cut down ten hardwood trees that are about 60 feet tall plus and 5 to 8 feet diameter..without hitting the house or the cars. Much less cutting them all up. (black walnut trees seem to eat chain saw chains for some reason)

So if I did make it out, it would be a fast one or two week stay before the weather starts to turn cold. But I'm definitely interested, and I don't really care if it has the GVR4 AWS label in the window or not.

Dave

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Relay?

Citymunky-are you going to the shootout? Or someone else from your area? Pass it to someone in Indiana or Illinois? I would even take it in Michigan as I get to Illinois on occasion.

citymunky

Nope no shootout for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned