The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Fuel Pump Sending Unit

johnnyRacer

Does anyone have a fuel pump sending unit in good shape for sale? I'm in need of one of these, thanx.

Lightning1

I have one with a walbro 255 in it. It is in good shape, the only thing is the PO put a -8 fitting on the fuel outlet. I am suer you could mod it if you are that desperate. Let me know if out are interested, I am in downers Grove by the 355

jmelocik

1G sending unit available here. PM me for details. Came out of a daily driver that hit a pole coming out of a parking lot.

Josh

LIV4PSI

I plan on using the rusty one from my parts car, if I can get the right price for mine. It's perfect with no rust, I'm asking $150. I realize that's a lot, but they are rare

johnnyRacer

Quoting jmelocik:
1G sending unit available here. PM me for details. Came out of a daily driver that hit a pole coming out of a parking lot.

Josh

Not to sound like a newb. Aren't the gvr4 and 1g sending units different as well as the tanks?

LIV4PSI

^^^Yes, the 1g sending units are too long to fit inside a GVR4

Last edited:

johnnyRacer

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I plan on using the rusty one from my parts car, if I can get the right price for mine. It's perfect with no rust, I'm asking $150. I realize that's a lot, but they are rare

Do any have any pictures of this rust free sending unit?

johnnyRacer

Quoting LIV4PSI:
^^^Yes, the 1g sending units are too long to fit inside a GVR4 tank

Also I was at the yard this morning and I saw 90-93 gallants their tanks were under the rear seat with the S.U. mounted on the side vertically , like the 1g. There was a couple of 2g, theirs were under the seat as well but the S.U. was on top of the tank. So is the gvr4 S.U. exclusive just to the gvr4's?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
GVR4s and GSXs, the AWD versions.

LIV4PSI

No, you can use a sending unit from a GGSX as well. but those are more rare than VR4s.

My sending unit is still installed on 1501. I will stop by my dads garage and snap a pic.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned