The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Front brakes kit

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do you mean you need the 5 lug hub conversion first, or brake upgrades that will fit 5 lug hubs you already have?

Either way, you can look to the first generation Eclipse. That is where the 5 lug conversion comes from. Complicates it a bit if you want to retain ABS and the the VR4 is a 91.

Otherwise, if you have 5 lugs already, look for brake kits that fit the Eclipse (keeping in mind that all VR4s already have the larger 2 piston calipers that were used on the 92-94 AWD models).

Many make their own kits, with Mustang Cobra rotors and 3000GT calipers, or Cadillac CS-V calipers, or Evo Brembo calipers, or...the list goes on.

Hey Iceman thank you for replying, it's been a while...
What I meant is that I am looking brake upgrades that will fit 5 lug hubs that already have.
I know that some guys here in the forum make their own or they know where to get those kits that are ready to bolt in.
I'm a foreign to all this conversion and I have limited mechanical skill so that's why I'm looking for one set that is ready. Thanks if anybody can help to put my hands on those brakes.

Probably cheapest and easiest is the Outlander bigger brake upgrade. click

Don't know if they fit under stock 15 in wheels. Bigger size rotors brake upgrade go up from there in cost, complexity and wheel size.

Search Google for 1G Bolt On Big Brake Upgrade or 2G Bolt On Big Brake Upgrade at www.dsmtuners.com I believe they have the most information available. When you figure out what you want, search google for that upgrade at this site to see if anyone has posted about it.

thomcasey

You can easily get the Evo8/9 brembo conversoin kits on EBAY (For the brackets and bolts) or go with the CTS-V brembo kit and includes a spacer for the cobra rotors. I went the EVO Brembo route with a used setup I bought from Iceman. My son went with new CTS-V brembos and the conversion kit/cobra rotor setup. BOth work great. The advantages of the CTS-V kit is everything is new, where the EVO brembo's are usually used

CutlassJim

There are kits to run 1G 3000GT 4 pots as well. Either with 2G 3S rotors or larger 04 Mustang Cobra rotors with a hubcentric ring.

Last edited:

vr4g63tcs

I actually have the Stealth/3000gt 4 piston breaks forsale. With 5 lug slotted rotors. Aluminum brackets. Also SS brake lines.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned