The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: FEAL Galant Coilovers or Bilstein or Koni inserted ready to go struts

Dashnizzle

Really want FEAL.

Willing to pay a premium for a Bilstein suspension system for the galant. I have tein camber plates already. Looking for as close to plug and play as possible. If you have springs great if not I will buy swift spec-R

WOULD ALSO CONSIDER:
Koni inserted agx’s
Great condition used coilovers (not preferred)

Will not consider:
GR2’s

I’ll pay shipping and fees, please just show me what you have and give me a price. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

hochiinn

waaaay back when i had my car, i got a set of bilsteins out of europe. at that time, i worked for an importer that was a major distributor of bilstein, and i got to be friends with one of the reps. they special ordered a set. there is(was) no listing for bilsteins in the usa system, but the rep found listings for them in europe. when they came in, i think they were too stiff for me, using the stock springs. i remember talking to john buffum, who rallied a vr4, and he also said they were a bit stiff. i sold them to howard draper, and dunno if he put them on his car, but ed dobrznyn has howards car. i did install koni adjustables(yellows?), and they were nice. by far, the best setup was the tein ha coilovers, but again, i thought it made the car too stiff. it was a daily driver, and with the tein's, i knew i would have to go to a better wheel/tire. but the car felt like if set up correctly, one could easily go after porsches. if there is some way you can check bilstein europe, you may find them. just like the recaro brackets. recaro usa did not have a listing for them, and i found and bought a set from japan. they came in with the recaro part number on them, too. took them to forced performance, and they agreed to copy them, but no one was interested, so i installed them on the car, #153.

Dashnizzle

waaaay back when i had my car, i got a set of bilsteins out of europe. at that time, i worked for an importer that was a major distributor of bilstein, and i got to be friends with one of the reps. they special ordered a set. there is(was) no listing for bilsteins in the usa system, but the rep found listings for them in europe. when they came in, i think they were too stiff for me, using the stock springs. i remember talking to john buffum, who rallied a vr4, and he also said they were a bit stiff. i sold them to howard draper, and dunno if he put them on his car, but ed dobrznyn has howards car. i did install koni adjustables(yellows?), and they were nice. by far, the best setup was the tein ha coilovers, but again, i thought it made the car too stiff. it was a daily driver, and with the tein's, i knew i would have to go to a better wheel/tire. but the car felt like if set up correctly, one could easily go after porsches. if there is some way you can check bilstein europe, you may find them. just like the recaro brackets. recaro usa did not have a listing for them, and i found and bought a set from japan. they came in with the recaro part number on them, too. took them to forced performance, and they agreed to copy them, but no one was interested, so i installed them on the car, #153.

Thanks for the tip! I'm not looking for a stiff setup that's for sure. Car is a weekend warrior car. I've seen where better springs can really make a comfortable ride on both Koni and Bilstein struts. I'm hoping to find a set that is ready to go in the galant. I'm not too interested in reverse engineering a set to work.. I do, however have the following already: Tein camber plates with pillowball mount galant specific, stock springs front/rear, evo 8 springs front/rear. Opens up the possibilities but again, Not looking to do a bunch of fab work to make something fit. I can play with springs and top hats but anything more is too much room for error. Are you saying you were able to order euro bilsteins spec'd out to work with our geometry?

hochiinn

the bilsteins were made for the vr4. but this was a long time ago, and the rep was able to order them. bilstein usa was kind of like a franchise. for instance, the usa bmw 320i E21 had a sport version that came equipped with bilsteins from the factory. however, you could not buy those particular shocks from bilstein usa. we were told that the bmw bilstein was more like a comfort shock, so usa had only heavy duty and sport. john buffum had used those vr4 bilsteins on his rally car, and he said they were too stiff. around that time, he was campainging a hyundai tibiron, and he said the engine, drivetrain, chassis and suspension was all vr4. it was like they took the body of the hyundai and put it on the vr4. the tein ha's i had were specifically made for the vr4, and bolted right on.

tyeler18

You want Evo bilsteins? I have a set of Evo 9 bilsteins with swift spec R springs I was planning to sell eventually. Had them on 736 and they ride wonderfully but when I 5 lug swapped I had to go to coilovers to fit the new wheels. I have galant top hats on them right now so aside from some spacers at the lower front knuckle the rears are bolt on along with fronts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts