The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: factory radio

Rrohde84

Does anyone know where I can get my radio repaired or where to buy one trying to keep the car as factory as possible

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You can contact these guys. They used to be and maybe still are the factory repair facility for Mitsubishi dealers.

RAdio repair

I have a 91 stock radio. I forget, what year do you have?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do you know if your trunk amp is good? That is what often fails on 91s because of water intrusion.

I have a 2 DIN cassette equalizer radio (green lighting) that works. Volume control needs some cleaning, and cassette mech sticks a bit. If interested. It might be from a 92 though, but that will work without the amp.

Rrohde84

I will have to look at that. The radio has very faint volume from the rear speakers. The kid who had it before me said something happened when he put one of those tape adapters in the tape deck but who knows.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The 91 factory radios (at least the CD version, 2 single DIN) uses the amp for the speaker outputs. If the amp has bad circuits, the radio may be fine but the sound output no good.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Left, behind trim panel, near the antenna and ABS controller.

Rrohde84

one thing that I noticed while playing with radio is that when I put the fade all the way to the front speakers and start to move it back the sound comes in for a second then comes out the only speaker that seams to work all the time is the right rear. unless the fade is all the way to the front. I had trouble loading a picture of the amp last night but it was mounted right by the rear speakers.

kdott96

I recently changed all 6 speakers in the car, and unless I did something wrong on the rear speakers they are relatively weak in sound compared to the front, they work but are just very very weak

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned