The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: coolant temp sensory pigtail

BadVr4

i need a coolant temp sensor pigtail that is in good shape. let me know if u have one, shoot me over a pic of it

Wizardawd

Well, there are 4 coolant temp sensors.

1 is technically a radiator fan switch and plugs into the radiator under the coolant fan. 1 single wire connector that runs the gauge in the dash, a 2 wire staggered pin connector that is the ECU's coolant signal next to the gauge sender and a side-by-side 2 pin that is used for A/C control at the top thermostat housing.

Wiz

Polish

FYI, standard female spade connectors fit perfect.

coilcon_alt.jpg

Just use an insulated one like in the left of this picture. Fits and works fine, I used them on my car. Cheap and easy way to replace all the failing/corroded OEM connections.

atc250r

Staff member
I'm assuming you mean the two pronged one on the front of the t-stat housing. Just get two female spade terminals and attach them to the stock wires.

John

BadVr4

Quote:
FYI, standard female spade connectors fit perfect.

coilcon_alt.jpg

Just use an insulated one like in the left of this picture. Fits and works fine, I used them on my car. Cheap and easy way to replace all the failing/corroded OEM connections.

can anybody send me some links to where i can buy a couple of those? radio shack only sold the connectors them selves

Wizardawd

Spool of wire and some connectors from a parts store...you'll be using it again.

Wiz

spooling92vr4

i dont usually give out my secrets, but the plug is the same as any eclipse/ galant rear factory speaker plug

enjoy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned