The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: compatable injectors for my setup

coyotes

Want to run my 2g maf on my stock turbo for now, eventually will step up to a 16g or similar. Id take a 2g maf conversion harness too if anyone has one. I'd be interested in other maf setups as well, evo, 3g etc.

Need injectors that will just swap in. You don't want me changing harness plugs or wiring in resistors, trust me.

Last edited:

Diego

I have some 550s. They would be near stockish with a little more oomph.

Diego

manikbastrd

Quoting coyotes:
Want to run my 2g maf on my stock turbo for now, eventually will step up to a 16g or similar. Id take a 2g maf conversion harness too if anyone has one. I'd be interested in other maf setups as well, evo, 3g etc.

Need injectors that will just swap in. You don't want me changing harness plugs or wiring in resistors, trust me.

There is a member on here that sells 2g maf connectors for like 40$ shipped, although I can't remember who it is.

coyotes

I saw that, thanks. If I have no way to tune currently is this sort of setup going to cause a problem? Otherwise I will just wait

manikbastrd

Yes, Your car will most likely freak out and be unhappy with a 2g maf and no tuner, also the injectors will be too large and you will run rich. You can get ECMLink for around 500$, or a Keydiver chip for the injectors and the maf...no idea on cost

If you just swap in some slightly larger injectors you might be able to get away with playing with the MAF screw or otherwise hacking the maf, but this is a ghetto way of doing things IMHO

I was going to post this in the first comment, but then saw you had 600+ posts and didn't want to be condescending

Last edited:

coyotes

Naw its OK, I ask stupid questions all the time. I researched this but on tuners people are 50/50 on whether you'd be fine or not.

manikbastrd

link

Specifically,
"Just a couple things to add: You CANNOT run a 2G MAF on a 1G without changing something. Either SAFC, bigger injectors(550-560cc), or a real tune. Because the 2G MAF is able to meter more air, the stock ECU will receive a lower reported airflow and you will run LEAN, not rich. Hence swapping bigger injectors to compensate if you don't use an SAFC/tune...Before you swap MAFs around or start altering your airflow I would highly recommend getting a wideband O2 sensor/gauge and a logger. How much boost are you running?"

Like I said, I wouldn't chance running lean/with a bad tune. It's not worth it and you wont get that much of a gain out of it...On a side note, I have a 2g maf intake tube if you are interested. It is set up for a 1g setup w/ recirc.

coyotes

I'm on waste gate pressure with stock turbo. I just want to ditch the stupid 1g air can, its bulk is cramping my style. I will wait until I dsmlink.

That link you provided has so much mixed information.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned