The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Anyone got a cheap turbo (ebay is fine!) asap!

Racah15

Hey guys.

I am going to school in about 2 weeks, and I would like to take my galant with me. Unfortunately, my 16g that's on there is blown soooo bad, that the oil pressure dropped substantially and caused my engine to knock. I picked up a block from a buddy for cheap, now I just have to find a good line and turbo. I don't care if it's eBay, just something cheap to make the 4 hour trip. School is about a block away from the apartments I'm staying at, so I should be able to replace it once I get over there with something better if it's a Chinese turbo. I'll have a job lined up once I move over there, so I just need something to hold me over until the first paycheck.

I'm balling on a budget here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I parted out my 2g and surviving off that money for now. I was able to buy a good used block for dirt cheap and now I just need a turbo! Nothing local (there is, but he wants $800 for a evo 3GT!!!!! not even a real 16g). So cheaper the better.

Please include a price shipped to 80909.

719-494-5686

Thank you!

tektic

I have a ebay turbo complete. I have listed it locally for $150. It's got no driving time on it and seems clean and ready to go. I pulled it from a car I bought as a project. I also ceramic coated the turbine housing.

desant78

check out the 20g in the for sale section!

ktmrider

Quoting desant78:
check out the 20g in the for sale section!

Yep: click

DynastyLCD

Mike & Sal - thanks for the mention of my ad's!

Abe if you want the ebay Evo 3, $175 shipped/paypalled and it's on the way to you!

Racah15

Hey thanks for the replies guys! I just got home after doing some sidework (Yay more money for turbo!) Haha.
Thanks Dynasty and Teknik, I'll let you guys know if I don't get this one I got texted about today. $125 shipped, but unknown condition and no pics yet. So If I don't go with that, I'll let you guys know. If I could get some pics Tek, that would be awesome!

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the replies. I'm honestly also thinking about that 20g Dynasty, but it's a bit above my price range ATM. If I got it, I wouldn't have to replace the eBay one, but money is the issue. I'll see if I can score some more sidework and sell more parts. Had a couple guys coming today, but no sale. If I can sell my built trans, I'll have enough. Unfortunately, $250-300(kinda stretching though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and under is my max limit budget for this turbo. So if I could get a good turbo for that, I may. Otherwise, I'm sticking to a cheap eBay one for now, and replace it down the road. I have no problem having the car down as I will be walking/biking distance from school, I just need it to make it there. Haha

Last edited:

snohacking

I got this turbo set up I am willing to sell for cheap, help me get it out of my garage. It is a all ebay set up that was still spooling my 2g @ 16 psi when removed.

The turbo is a ebay "t04e" that has little in and out but does have some side to side play. It will come with a ss feed line but will only come with a -10 an fitting for the return. The manifold is a t3 manifold that has a 38mm flange on it. It also has a trap for a egt sensor. I heat warped the manifold and o2 housing. O2 sensor is not included.

$210 shipped

Racah15

Thanks guys, I already ended up picking up the cheap $125 one.

Thanks for the offer Snohacking, but I would have to buy a wastegate, and possibly change my intercooler piping and oil drain for that. I think it might be too much work for just getting my car running. Good price, but unfortunately more work than I'd like to do.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts