The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 92 VR4 ECU

3O3EL0VR4

Hello,
My IAC leaked and fried my ecu and I am need of a new one. I perfer that is a VR4. Please include price shipped to 80011
Thank you guys,
Elam S.

3O3EL0VR4

Wow thirty something views already and no replies? how weak

Diego

Please pm Overkill here on the org, he is local-ish and would probably have one or 5 laying about... or pm Galantvr4559 here on the org as well he again is local-ish and would know a place or two to source you one.
Any ECU will work eprom or not (eprom is just better) and doesn't have to be gvr4 specific as that is like asking the Broncos to actually make it to the bowl. You can use any 91+ eprom or an Evo ECM(MORE WORK) if you please

4g63rwd

If you need one, I have one here on the East Coast. Out of a '91 VR-4. Let me know with a pm if you're interested.

3O3EL0VR4

Man... I could've really used all these sources yesterday. I wound up finding a 91 VR4 capped and socketed, I took it apart and it looks good. I didn't see any acid residue, and 671 seemed to take to it with no problems. Thanks again for all of your help guys, I wasn't sure about the DSM ecu's (the galant not being one) I'm glad to be part of the org. Now I have one the that needs a rebuild lol. Any ideas on where to get that taken care of?

Diego

If it's not too damaged you can send it to Terry Posten for a small price if its simple. Other wise your looking at a fancy nice bill for the repair work somewhere else.

3O3EL0VR4

I'm pretty sure its shot... It wouldn't even turn on or cycle anymore. I saw in terry's thread that he specifically won't work on broken ecu's so I didn't want to bother him with it.

Diego

Pm Overkill (jared) and ask him to check his pile.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts