The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 92-94 5 lug swap w/ abs rings (43F/43R)

Launch

Hello guys (and gals)
395/1000 is getting a new lease on life, with a updated trans and some new lighter shoes.
Need 5-Lug swap hubs, with their abs rings. 92-94 DSM with the 1:1 ratio 43F/43R)
Need to be in good shape, PayPal/bank ready
Thanks guys, can't wait to be back on the road
-Launch

citymunky

I'll check the swap kit in the garage tomorrow, I believe it had ABS rings on it.

citymunky

I checked today, and they were non ABS. Sorry man.

Launch

At this point, I'd take non abs hubs. What do you want for them bud?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Launch:
At this point, I'd take non abs hubs. What do you want for them bud?

You can use 92 VR4 rings and adapt them to the 5 lug hubs. Actually I believe the 1g parts are 47/47, and the Galant 43/43 (92 only). The important parts is the 1:1 ratio.

So, you can pull the rear rings off the 4 lug stubs and reuse them on the 5 lug stubs, and then adapt your VR4 front rings to the 5 lug front hubs. They actually mount nicer (from the rear , no bolt heads on the rotor mount face) than the 1g versions.

KiNgMaRtY

Must the doner 5 lug hubs be abs specific to be used with the 4lug rings or does it not matter if the 5lug hubs were never abs specific to begin with?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The ring designs between 5 and 4 lug systems (1g vs, Galants) are different and so is the mounting. You would have to drill and tap to mount the rings to non-ABS hubs.

Launch

ICEMAN for the win! thanks for the info. Any 5 lug hubs avail or am i going junkyarding?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned