The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 4G61-T INTAKE MANIFOLD/s

SSGdave

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for two possibly three, 4G61-T INTAKE MANIFOLDS . This manifold is found on the Mirage Turbo Hatchbacks "CSM".
These manifolds look identical to the 1G DSM units BUT have a smaller intake port, identical to the 2G and Evo 1-3.

Let me know what you have, Thanks

Last edited:

CarRacer

I have a 9t turbo off of our Chevette racecar, we ran it at 10psi for three races and it ran like a champ. We shift at 6000rpm too, so it didn't spin for forever either. The shaft play feels minimal and all the threads are intact. I don't recall any cracks in the turbine housing but I'm not 100% on that.

Let me know if that's something you're interested in.

SSGdave

Add states, "INTAKE MANIFOLDs"

Last edited:

strokin4dr

The unnecessary punctuation in your title throws it off.

SSGdave

WTB Add, Title Fixed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

bigblock4g63

Quoting SSGdave:
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for two possibly three, 4G61-T INTAKE MANIFOLDS . This manifold is found on the Mirage Turbo Hatchbacks "CSM".
These manifolds look identical to the 1G DSM units BUT have a smaller intake port, identical to the 2G and Evo 1-3.

Let me know what you have, Thanks

Engine depot in nj sells them. They will add $25.00 bucks to the manifold for taking it off

SSGdave

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif oh nice!

do you have a Link you can share with me, for that place?

Paddy1337

SSGdave, mind sharing why you want these intake manifolds specifically, and not just a 2G DSM one? (I'm trying to learn)

SSGdave

well...

the longer runners than the 2G and Evo3, and the 1G style "Big" plenum.
The 4G61-T has the same shape intake ports as the 2G and Evo 1-9, so, it basically being a 1G intake manifold means the runners taper down as they head to the intake ports. This will increase port velocity also.
And to top it off, outwardly everything looks OEM 1G, nothing special.

I am a big fan of pre-engineered parts. There is always a way to optimize things but Cost vs Performance is always something I look at in everything.
so a SMIM is definitely out of the question for me. Id rather use the funding to pay for race gas, tires, and brake pads

what I'm doing with these, is Building up 3 engines for my GGSX Road Racer. 2 complete engines, and one long block.
I'll be building things for that car over the next 2 years, as right around that time period, I'm retiring from the Army, and will be working for the DOD as a civilian.

If there anyone wishes to chat about what Im doing, Please PM me, Id rather keep those type conversations out of this thread.

SSGdave

not yet, I was a member on there ages ago when I had a CSM drag car.
I have no idea what my password is LOL

SSGdave

ttt

SSGdave

YAY! Got one guys.

Thanks Everyone!

G

Staff member
Available in jp for the cyborg (c38a) for $750 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Part # MD152337

GSNT

FYI the 4g61 small intake port is nothing like the 2g. It is merely a 1g port with a raised floor. The 2g port has a completely different profile.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts