The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB:4 lug awd rear hub

theevozero

^THIS^ Just to clarify, I need one for a vr4. Go figure. Went to replace a wheel speed sensor that had an open circuit and low and behold, that same hub has a ton of play in it. I take the hub apart to replace the bearings and find that the hub had spun inside the bearing race. So, needless to say, my abs is inop right now and I can't find a abs diagnostic trouble code chart....yet. But, I am assuming the loose hub is the problem. The light comes on when I cross the 4 mph mark.

theevozero

The front hub is far from "the same". The front is a female and the rear is a male. Totally different.

theevozero

click,r:0,s:27,i:165&tx=39&ty=225&vpx=111&vpy=143&hovh=194&hovw=259

The ones on the left are rear and the right are front.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I probably have one of these as well. Did you check your tooth counts for the ABS tone rings? If those are not correct that can cause the light on when you get moving fast enough.

theevozero

I have not checked all of the reluctor wheels, no. The only ones that could even possibly be damaged would be the fronts. The rears a hiddin inside the hub. I probably should anyway. I know the one on the LR wheel is fine though.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned