The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 1992 Radio

fastgvr4

Hi

Does anyone have a 1992 Galant VR4 radio in working condition? If not, what is the part number?

Thanks
Ed

Gvr4-330

Hey, which 1992 radio are you looking for?

I think the base 2 radios are the same as 91, with the base being a Double Din Tape Deck with the mid-grade being a Double Din Tape Deck with Equalizer. The top is a separate single din tape deck with an accompanying single din CD player. As far as I know, the two double din units are the same as the 91 cars, but the cd unit is different.

I've located some sources for some of them, so if you let me know what you are looking for I can provide you some links!

Last edited:

fastgvr4

Hi

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your help. 1991 and 1992 are different radios. 1991 has an external amp located in the trunk. For 1992, amp is built in. The face of the radio is also different.

PM your contact

Thanks
Ed

Gvr4-330

As far as I know, the only radio with the amp was the '91 CD player unit. The big double din tape deck units didn't have the amp, and those are the ones I think could be shared across '91 and '92.

So I take it you are looking for the '92 CD player unit? I found a source for the top tape deck unit (actually bought one myself just the other day), but not the CD player yet.

Here it is listed as new for $50: click

And here it is listed as refurb for $28 (I bought one of these): click

fastgvr4

H

Thank you!! Yes. I’m looking for 92 unit and top deck only. Have you installed your unit yet? What color Is the illumination background?

Thanks again,
Ed

Gvr4-330

Haven't gotten it yet. Should come tomorrow. Will have to figure out how to power it on to test it, but based on the color of the printing on the face, it should be green.

Gvr4-330

FYI, it came in today. Condition was good. I plugged it in and attached a jumper pack to the car. Cassette, AM/FM all work great. Illumination is a yellow-ish green, though so it doesn't quite match the car. Doing a little more digging and it might actually be from a Diamante.

EDIT: installed CAPS and looked up the 92 radio P/N. It's MB823816 for the Radio Cassette portion and MB842072 for the CD unit

Few other things I've noticed. The Part # for the radio I have is for a Diamante Wagon. It glows a yellow-greenish color and the printing on the front is also a yellow-greenish color. The Galant one has white printing and green lighting. Oh well, eventually I might open it up and swap out the bulb condoms, but for now I have more important things to do - like actually get my car running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

fastgvr4

Hi

Thanks for checking and coming back. I haven’t order yet. I prefer if the illumination was green. Let me check your other part number.

Thx again
Ed

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts