The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiring harness removal.

Vr4junkie

At this point what would it take to remove it I have the ecu disconnected but what else is needed to completely remove it .

Kibby

Theres a bolt/clip behind the blower box.

Vr4junkie

Ok will I have too remove the dash or just remove the blower?

Kibby

I didnt completely remove mine just got it out of the way to get to the bolt. I already had my dash out. Theres a writeup on the forum on how to get to the bolt.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

If you're just trying to paint your engine bay, I wouldn't bother removing it. It's just wasted time, and extra hassle IMO. Both times I painted my engine bay, I just wrapped it up really good, and draped it over the side of the car. It wasn't even in the way when I painted. Just make sure you put something down to protect the fender from getting scratched. I just let it hang over kinda like this.

WP_001000.jpg

manikbastrd

Sorry to threadjack but, GSTwithPSI you painted your engine bay with the motor still in the car? What all did you remove to do so? I really need to refresh my Engine bay. Feel free to PM reply.

GSTwithPSI

No, the motor was out of the car, but I didn't remove the wiring harness. I used that picture as a reference to show the OP how I positioned it out of the way when I was painting. I just draped it out of the engine bay and over the fender like in the picture.

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Ok guys so the harness is out honestly thought it was going to be more difficult .

Now what about this wiring harness what would it take to remove this one?

Now here's the same harness from inside the car looks like it runs thru the side of the carpets to the back or is there more connections up top that I can't see that would allow me to remove that part of the harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Never mind guys figured it out.

MMorgan

Quoting Kibby:
I didnt completely remove mine just got it out of the way to get to the bolt. I already had my dash out. Theres a writeup on the forum on how to get to the bolt.

Any idea where this write up is? I'm searching for it now. I need to get to that bolt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts