The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Windshield trim installation question

Vince

Greetings

So after having the windshield replaced, I noticed the side trim pieces did not set flush to the glass but were raised. I was told this was by design as a rain channel.

Hard to get a pic with the reflection n such, but if you look close, the red line indicates the widths edge, and what I though would be flush to the glass (like the rear verticals). Instead it is setting on a rise that hold the edge almost a quarter of an inch up off the glass.

Just looking for clarification, because I could have sworn it was flush.

Thanks!
Vince 1212

mooserage

Staff member
I removed mine a couple years ago and at the time they sat pretty much flush if I remember correctly. They no longer sit flush though, as the process of removing them caused some to slightly bend.

Someone with lower mileage might be able to chime in with an example that may not have been removed before.

lowcashleblanc

When I get my car back from the shop I may be able to chime in, it make be a couple more weeks though. I still have OEM glass in mine.

Question for you or others though. Did you have to source your own windshield or did the company have troubles finding a replacement? Sadly my OE glass has a nice crack in it and I’ll be going through the replacement process also.

Last edited:

JNR

Just looked at mine and they are all flush (sides and top).

Vince

The shop told me they were getting hard to find. Even recomended I consider buying another and storing it just in case.

$160ish for the glass...

VR485

Mine sticks out proud about 1/8” on the glass side and flush with the a pillar. And the top is flush with the roof and the glass

Vince

Ouch

After 100+ reads, I have one yea, and one Nay.

Not meaning to annoy anyone, but my memory is having fits thinkin it was all flush. Just a consensus so I can leave the poor guy at the glass shop alone, or jump down his throat and get it re-seated.

Have a great weekend!

VR485

Yours is correct for a stock trim. I think the stock trim has been NLA for a long time. so a lot of the glass guys use a universal rubber molding. Witch will sit flush. The pic I posted above is a factory MMC glass that came with the car new in 91.

Vince

Darn.... Gotta go with VR485 on this I guess... Still on OEM glass, so it is hard to refute

I wanted it to be flush Soooooo bad.... But I'll accept the lifted edge on the glass as normal!

Thanks all!

turbowop

Quoting Vince:
Darn.... Gotta go with VR485 on this I guess... Still on OEM glass, so it is hard to refute

I wanted it to be flush Soooooo bad.... But I'll accept the lifted edge on the glass as normal!

Thanks all!

It should sit flush. Remove the trim and make sure all the clips are straight and not broken and that there isn't any debris in the channel and it should click in fully and sit flush against the glass.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts