The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window trim

CutlassJim

I pulled off the trim and now I can't figure out how to put it back on. Pics would be good since I read at a third grade level and wipe my ass with my shoe. (Not really but I feel that dumb not being able to figure out how to put the trim back on correctly)

CutlassJim

No I'm talking about the thin metal trim on the sides and top with the gray mounting clips. The clips don't seem to want to hook back onto the glass. I was wondering if the little tabs sticking up are involved or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GVR4_1057

You mean on the windshield right? Those suck. I had a windshield replacement guy install mine,it worked out great. The top one will fly off at speed if it is too loose.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The gray "wing" clips are only tensioners. the other clips are what hold the trim on. Many times these break because of age when you remove the trim.

I don't know the difference, but 91 clips are green, and 92s are orange for some reason. (Maybe that is only the rear...hmmm, can't remember). Usually those clips are in there quite will with the windshield urethane and may need to be cut out to replace them. They slide over the small "T" studs in the window channel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts