The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wilwood brake parts, direct fitment?

GTX

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone tried to use these calipers for direct replacement of 1990-1991 OEM calipers?

Front: Wilwood 120-6816
Rear: Wilwood 120-9690

Thanks
A

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Disclaimer: I did not look at the parts you listed.

I am pretty sure the caliper mounting bolt pitch is not the same. Are you expecting bolt on or with some adapter brackets?

GTX

I don't mind brackets as long as it fits 15-inch wheel.
Looks like these guys sell the kit, but would they sell brackets and calipers only I don't know

click

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Other things you have to consider, since you mentioned buying brackets and calipers only:

Thickness of the brake rotor makes a difference with Wilwood calipers. they add spacers to adjust.

Diameter of the brake rotor also makes a difference. The mounting brackets they sell are likely specifically designed for the rotors in the kit. If you intend to use stock brake rotors, their parts may not work at all. Ask questions before you commit any money.

Last comment, the intention for their kits is for drag race braking (weight reduction), not road use. The calipers may not provide any improvement in braking for you used in street application.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts